Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hello, it's the newbie again. I'm have a little bit of time, and will make time to continuing learning Lackey and meet up with some new people on Dojo.

My questions is dealing with opponents missions and fighting.

The rule book states, under "How the card types fit together", that "You can also move your ships to your opponent’s missions and, using specific cards, battle your opponent, killing his or her personnel and destroying his or her ships".

Ok, I understand that, but HOW do you get to your opponents mission? I don't see anything in the rule book that says you can do that.

I do see that there are cards that state you can engage in a battle between personal and ships, and I get that. But moving to your opponents mission? How? Or is it similar to 1E, in that while 2E shows a table showing two separate mission lines, one for you and one for your opponent, it's really is like 1E in that you place them side by side?

I just want to understand a little more before I just into Lackey.

Thank you!
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Moving to an opponent's mission is the same as moving to one of your missions - just add the span of the mission you're at, to the span of your opponent's mission you want to go to.

Of course, if their mission or yours is in a different quadrant, you add an additional two range, but that's it!

::EDIT:: If the two missions are within the same region, you subtract two range.

TK
Last edited by bosskamiura on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah the best thing you can do is forget the 1e concept of a space 'line' and really just think of it as 'space.' The span of each mission represents the distance traveled, with +2 for cross-quadrant (because that's a long, er, trek) and -2 for within region (the proverbial 'walk around the block').

Does that help?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Yes, I think so.

And just to clarify, if my mission span is 3, and he is two cards over to my right, and his mission span is 2, I STILL count the two cards in between, and let's say each of those two mission spans is 2, then the total would be, 3+2+2+2-2?

Minus 2 because we are in the same quadrant.

:)
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Subcommander Mario wrote:Yes, I think so.

And just to clarify, if my mission span is 3, and he is two cards over to my right, and his mission span is 2, I STILL count the two cards in between, and let's say each of those two mission spans is 2, then the total would be, 3+2+2+2-2?

Minus 2 because we are in the same quadrant.

:)
Always glad to help out a fellow Dojo participant.

No, that was 1e's way of doing things.

If the mission you're at is span 3 and you want to move to an opponents mission which has a span of 2, and the missions were in the same quadrant, then the total required range is 5. You do not count the missions in between. It's just a straight shot there.

If the two missions were in different quadrants, then the required range would be 7.

If the two missions were in the same region, then the required range would be 3.

Hope this helps.

TK
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Subcommander Mario wrote:I should be logging into Dojo sometime this week, see you soon!
Sounds awesome! We all want to get some games in so you're more than welcome.

TK
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
A clarification no one has mentioned, if you and your opponent have missions with the same title, they are not considered the same mission.
Subcommander Mario wrote:I guess they really did make 2E easier.
Nice, isn't it.
Subcommander Mario wrote:I should be logging into Dojo sometime this week, see you soon!
Nice! You'll go up against a nice diversity of players. Let us know if you have questions after your first game(s)
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:A clarification no one has mentioned, if you and your opponent have missions with the same title, they are not considered the same mission.
That's a great point. Can't believe I totally missed that one.

It's like remembering a song and someone asks you about the lyrics... When I'm in a game, I remember it, but when asked, not a clue.

TK

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Back when they were the same mission Mr. Sykes tried a "heel turn" against me in the Worlds bracket. Playing Romulan and stacking his Kressari on opposite side of mine to catch me napping.

He added 6 treachery. Luckily for me Jersey rocked Cardassian before it was cool.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:Back when they were the same mission Mr. Sykes tried a "heel turn" against me in the Worlds bracket. Playing To Milan and stacking his Kressari on opposite side of mine to catch me napping.

He added 6 treachery. Luckily for me Jersey rocked Cardassian before it was cool.
If you hadn't killed Selveth the previous turn, I would have had you. Unfortunately, all I had was Sela and Pimp Dukat and Lore shut that shit right down.

Too bad too, because I blanked Pulsfort's lockout deck later that day just to prove it could be done.

I coulda been a contender.... :?

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.