Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
There are two big projects going on behind the scenes right now that need your help. IDIC and Excelsior are in need of assistance to keep them strong.

The draft pool hasn’t been updated in a while. As one of the formats for Nationals in June, that needs to change soon. One of our newest staff member Sean O’Reilly (Jono) is leading the charge along with Maggie Geppert (Jadziadax8) and Amber Van Breeman (Marquetry). Their most urgent goal is to go through the card pool fairly quickly and going forward maintain it on a card by card basis.

Matt Kirk (Captmdkirk) has been doing an excellent job with the Excelsior format. It’s been happening this year, but he’s been planning it for a lot longer than that. He is the driving force and while he has been working with others on it here and there, he is in need of someone to work on it on a more permanent basis. The primary duties, which Matt might come in and update, are keeping track of the points for each headquarters and updating the card pool when the time comes.

I want to get people from Europe, Australia and Africa working on these. One of my goals for the year has been more involvement outside the American continent. While there is representation from those groups on staff, I would like to have more involvement from other areas. I am actively looking for more involvement in Committee projects from those communities and am openly asking you to come help us out and make these projects better. I had a staff meeting recently and Sean is really excited at the prospect. Matt has a lot of passion for the Excelsior format and will have no problem getting someone up to speed quickly.

Send me a PM with either IDIC or Excelsior in the subject line. Include a brief paragraph about your interests in the project and what you would bring to it. Please get them in by the end of the week; we need someone as soon as possible for IDIC since their deadline to update the pool is the end of the month and Matt is eager to get someone onboard who can hit the ground running.

Ross Fertel
Second Edition Brand Manager

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I´m just starting to build up a community here in Klagenfurt (Austria) starting with the Harucon on 19th and 20th of May. Also I´m waiting for Maggie´s reply on another STCCG project, so unfortunately I´m booked out for the moment. If things change, why not.

cheers

Nerdo

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ok, ok, ok,

Maggie´s whip tells me I am to enter the Excelsior program. And who am I to contradict?

Cheers

Nerdo.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
To the people of Where-ever-the-fuck Continent,

We still need testers. With all due respect to IDIC and Excelsior, if you wish to donate your time and have the most impact, you can do a lot of good in Playtesting.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:To the people of Where-ever-the-fuck Continent,

We still need testers. With all due respect to IDIC and Excelsior, if you wish to donate your time and have the most impact, you can do a lot of good in Playtesting.
... certainly ...

Some locations need players first, so Excelsior is a nice way to go. I just made a deck for it and it took very little time. Perfect to lure people into the hobby, and then expand to the full game.

I´m in with Excelsior, it is a very good idea worth my precious time.

Cheers

Nerdo
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
We've got someone on board for Excelsior! There is still room for more if anyone else is interested. We also need someone to step up and work with Draft.

And welcome aboard, Nerdopolis Prime!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:
I just made a deck for it and it took very little time. Perfect to lure people into the hobby, and then expand to the full game.
I love deck building with the big PDF that Eberlems put together! Scan for possibilities, build a deck. And then repeat because I'm also building decks for new players :).

And it's so cool seeing what decks work in this pool that aren't competitive in standard.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.