Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I think this subject was discussed already, but I can't find anything in the 2E Gameplay Forum or Rules Tools. Can John Harriman use his text with himself as the target for the selection of the added skill? The situation would be, he is on a staffed ship, doing a space mission, when facing a dilemma. I see no reference indicating he needs to be on a planet nor do I see the requirement for any other [TOS] personnel to be present. Seems like the way it's worded, he should work in space under the right conditions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:I think this subject was discussed already, but I can't find anything in the 2E Gameplay Forum or Rules Tools. Can John Harriman use his text with himself as the target for the selection of the added skill? The situation would be, he is on a staffed ship, doing a space mission, when facing a dilemma. I see no reference indicating he needs to be on a planet nor do I see the requirement for any other [TOS] personnel to be present. Seems like the way it's worded, he should work in space under the right conditions.
Based on the wording on the card, I'm inclined to agree. As long as he's attempting the mission he can gain skills 'from a [TOS] personnel aboard your ship' which he is, so sure.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yep, on space missions he can get one of his own skills as he is on the (staffed) ship and attempting a mission.

If he attempts a planet mission, he can only target a TOS personnel on a (staffed) ship at this mission. Which of course can´t be himself, as he is on the planet.

Cheers

Nerdo

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]