Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 186 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Back Room Dealings has to be top 3. I'm not sure if everyone knows, but this card was effectively a misprint as there were no personnel in the game at the time with Integrity less than 4 and no Treachery. Even today, I bet there are only a couple. The card might as well read stop a Treachery or stop a Treachery.
Slight disagree. I remember one time out-teching my opponent with the Integrity requirement.

I was playing a [Fed] deck of some flavor and attempted my last mission with six with four under. I could solve with any five of the six so as long as only one got stopped I would win. My opponent was paying attention and knew I had Tolian Soran in the team, so he played BRD thinking he hit the nuts. I stopped Soran using the integrity side and solved for the win. 8)

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Armus wrote:
LORE wrote: Back Room Dealings has to be top 3. I'm not sure if everyone knows, but this card was effectively a misprint as there were no personnel in the game at the time with Integrity less than 4 and no Treachery. Even today, I bet there are only a couple. The card might as well read stop a Treachery or stop a Treachery.
Slight disagree. I remember one time out-teching my opponent with the Integrity requirement.

I was playing a [Fed] deck of some flavor and attempted my last mission with six with four under. I could solve with any five of the six so as long as only one got stopped I would win. My opponent was paying attention and knew I had Tolian Soran in the team, so he played BRD thinking he hit the nuts. I stopped Soran using the integrity side and solved for the win. 8)
Stricken Dumb on a Treachery personnel and ta-da -- personnel with Integrity < 4 and no Treachery! :shifty: :P
Last edited by chompers on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Armus wrote: CIP is the best dilemma in this set if you know what you're doing with it. It absolutely deserves to be top 3.
It could be if there was less gain a skill gaining and gain a skill of your choice in the game

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
chompers wrote:
Armus wrote: CIP is the best dilemma in this set if you know what you're doing with it. It absolutely deserves to be top 3.
It could be if there was less gain a skill gaining and gain a skill of your choice in the game
There's an app for that... :shifty:
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
chompers wrote:
Absolutely right. I think it's more of a nostalgia feel for Brian.

TK

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bosskamiura wrote:
chompers wrote:
Absolutely right. I think it's more of a nostalgia feel for Brian.

TK
I still use dial a skill walls. The number of CIs is proportional to the number of events I'm running, but its cousins Infinite Diversity and "Rapid" Progress are staples in almost all of my dilemma piles.

Why? Because the card rewards good gameplay. Skill tracking is a... skill, and like that this card was made to recognize and reward that. Where else can I get an all stop for 2 cost? The price includes the risk that you could be wrong, which a good player will minimize. That's a damn well designed card, not just then, but even today.

I might lose the point battle on this one but I'm going down swinging. This card changed the game for me.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant