Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
[S]Axiana, Secure Colony
[DQ] 35
Navigation, Science, 2 Security, and Strength>33 or 2 Diplomacy, 2 Honor, and Integrity>33
"I have a business proposition to discuss."
[Bor] [Kli] [NA]
Span 3
46 V 13
Positives and negatives are tricky with vanilla missions; I don't think it's fair to say "being vanilla" is either, as the game needs them - not every mission has to do something.

That aside, the requirements aren't too bad for the affiliations it's aimed at - the Borg has the first set in abundance (with 4 uniques, and 1 non-unique each having 2 out of 3 skills), while the non-unique Kromm and unique Odo, Timeless will be useful for attempting in red or yellow.

The Brog will probably struggle with the other side of the "or", while there are scores of personnel packing either "1 Dip and 2 Honor" or "2 Dip and 1 Honor" for the others. Honourable mention goes to both Dathon And Gorkon for having all the skills and providing almost a quarter of the Integrity required.

Will it appear in decks, though?
  • For the Borg, I'm sceptical: four of the five of the most commonly used missions take place in AQ, and this guy still remains popular.
  • For the Klingons - maybe. DQ Klingons is a thing, and for the second set of skills, they have them in spades, and who knows what new tricks they might get when the set's fully revealed.
  • For the Non-Aligned - again, maybe. Not a completely NA deck (I don't think Khan or Smugglers/Thieves will venture to the DQ), but it might make it into a Hologram deck, or even a Voyager 5-space deck that splashes one or two NA folk in there, just so they can start it off.
6.75 out of 10

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I suppose this mission caters to [Bor] Dissidents and [DQ] Klingons. I know of one guy who will appreciate the Science requirement. Kromm can help with the requirements, even though his text does no good on the Voq'leng. I've always run DQ Klingons with the Flute to replay the headbutt challenge several times (with Kelsid II being the planet mission); this mission does not require Acquisition, Anthropology or Archaeology, so using it would foregoing that strategy.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
You don’t need [Bor] Dissidents as the following solves it:
3x Opposition Drones
Data
Any drone with Navigation

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Jono wrote:You don’t need [Bor] Dissidents as the following solves it:
3x Opposition Drones
Data
Any drone with Navigation
By catering to Dissidents, I meant by virtue of being in the Delta Quadrant instead of the Alpha Quadrant. Dissidents and non-Dissidents can complete the mission with four personnel if you have the right sphere. Dissidents can actually manage it with three if they change both their universe and their standards.
Last edited by GooeyChewie on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Lucas, please correct me if I'm wrong (as Lucas and I worked on the Klingon stuff), but this was designed to be help for [DQ] Klingons. It wasn't a popular deck type, so we didn't want to give it a ton. The idea was to give that deck a mission that aligned really nicely with the skills on their personnel. The other affiliations were just gravy.

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
This fits beautifully with my Klingon K'mtar Long Journey Home deck. Might have to try that again.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
MidnightLich wrote:The other affiliations were just gravy.
Maybe, but a little birdie told me Borg will get a good personnel for this mission in the not-too-distant future (but probably not next Sunday A.D.).

-  
Nah, it's definitely a Klingon deck. I'm more familiar with the first edition, but it clearly encourages the player to make use of the race's strongest points, and even to use things that aren't necessarily in the meta but that give the Klingon their flavor.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]