Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I’ve got to say, Shattered Mirror had a great opening weekend!

The Alliance burst onto the scene across multiple tournaments, including not only making a debut at a Nationals event, but placing second overall in that event. We talk about 1E players taking an unreleased affiliation pretty far roughly two decades ago, but the Alliance had a pretty good showing the first weekend they were tournament legal. As of this writing, there are eight Mirror decks. They are in the standard frame thus far, but I’m eager to see what develops out of this design. Note that as of now, this new kid on the block hasn’t won an event, but I have faith!

Also, huge thanks to Lucas for including it in the Austrian Road to Worlds Article!

Not to be outdone, the Klingon half came off well. Those cards were designed to stick into existing decks and they had a good showing coming up in a smattering of decks. By design you’re not going to put as many of them into a deck as you would the Mirror stuff, but players seemed to be adopting them pretty well as Klingon decks are considered/conceived of. In particular, Kortar seemed to be getting up there in terms of resurrecting some needed personnel.

Going outside the two dominant themes of the set, Lethal Wound has quickly become a popular card to include. Arresting Display is similarly having fun out there in the meta.

Usually, it takes some time for players to really accept cards and to evaluate the set, as long as six months is the norm, but Shattered Mirror is coming out of the gate strong to close out 2018. We’ll see what 2019 will bring.

One final thing I haven’t been able to bring up elsewhere, the pack art is amazeballs!

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Faithful Reader wrote:I’ve got to say, Shattered Mirror had a great opening weekend!

The Alliance burst onto the scene across multiple tournaments, including not only making a debut at a Nationals event, but placing second overall in that event. We talk about 1E players taking an unreleased affiliation pretty far roughly two decades ago, but the Alliance had a pretty good showing the first weekend they were tournament legal. As of this writing, there are eight Mirror decks. They are in the standard frame thus far, but I’m eager to see what develops out of this design. Note that as of now, this new kid on the block hasn’t won an event, but I have faith!

Also, huge thanks to Lucas for including it in the Austrian Road to Worlds Article!

Not to be outdone, the Klingon half came off well. Those cards were designed to stick into existing decks and they had a good showing coming up in a smattering of decks. By design you’re not going to put as many of them into a deck as you would the Mirror stuff, but players seemed to be adopting them pretty well as Klingon decks are considered/conceived of. In particular, Kortar seemed to be getting up there in terms of resurrecting some needed personnel.

Going outside the two dominant themes of the set, Lethal Wound has quickly become a popular card to include. Arresting Display is similarly having fun out there in the meta.

Usually, it takes some time for players to really accept cards and to evaluate the set, as long as six months is the norm, but Shattered Mirror is coming out of the gate strong to close out 2018. We’ll see what 2019 will bring.

One final thing I haven’t been able to bring up elsewhere, the pack art is amazeballs!
Yeah it’s an amazing set and can’t wait to play it.

Upset I probably won’t be able to do the achievement for the release.

The pack art is sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I'm one of the players that doesn't usually jump right into a new release. I did with this set and found it a very interesting deck build. The mix of available personnel for the HQ gives a really good skill diversity for overcoming dilemmas as well as mission skills. Great job everyone.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
KCA is only going to get stronger as people figure out combinations with access to verbs across 4 affiliations. The HQ being "Bajor" opens up some particularly nasty verbs like The Text of the Kosst Amojan that are normally pretty restrictive.

Their biggest downside is the +2 inherent span on the HQ as most other strong decks can operate with 1 ship for a few attempts. This is going to result in larger mission attempts and greater risks of running into a dilemma buzzsaw. Expedient Opportunity is probably a good card to run, and being a maneuver probably easy to find in your deck. Kromm on Alliance Vor'cha makes it free.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor.Ret wrote:Their biggest downside is the +2 inherent span on the HQ
Unless I missed a ruling otherwise (and I checked again before I replied), Bajor, Terok Nor is an [AQ] mission.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
flrazor wrote:
Unless I missed a ruling otherwise (and I checked again before I replied), Bajor, Terok Nor is an [AQ] mission.
Yeah. No [MQ] in this game. That's a 1E thing... :P

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
flrazor wrote:
Yeah. No [MQ] in this game. That's a 1E thing... :P
Oh, I'm dumb. I kept staring at that keyword like it meant something. :P
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0