Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I suppose if someone was familiar with 3d printing you could make some pretty cool "cards" -- and avoid the hassle of using a scalpel. :P
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor

I tried sharpie-ing the edges this time, so that they wouldn't appear too white (or, at times, rough). The catch is it bled through a bit too much in places (the most noticeable place is his left shoulder).

The real test is going to be the U.S.S. Voyager, which I have exactly 4 extras of, but is the card that I've got enough extras of that is the most likely to actually see play and be face up all the time. The trouble is that the actual image of the Voyager doesn't lend itself particularly well to this project - not only does it take up most of the frame, it also cuts through the staffing icons (which would be a nightmare to try to raise up). The virtual Voyager would work a lot better, but I'm not going to be printing anything on cardstock any time soon.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Naetor.Ret wrote:I suppose if someone was familiar with 3d printing you could make some pretty cool "cards" -- and avoid the hassle of using a scalpel. :P
3D printing* is not nearly sophisticated enough for this. You can only use one color of resin at a time. The way I could see it working is designing the raised card in a suitable graphics software, printing it out in black and then gluing a thin card printout on top. That may be more work than Lucas is doing now, though.

*at least, the type of printers I am familiar with and have access to

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.