Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[Eve] 3 Desperate Sacrifice
Plays in your core.
Order - If you command four events, destroy this event to make each player choose two events he or she commands, then destroy each other event he or she commands.
"My God, Bones. What have I done?"
"What you had to do. What you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live."
0 P 36

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=2790

Negatives: 3 Cost. Can only be activated during Player's Order phase. Requires four of the Player's Events in core before activation then the destruction of at least one other of the Player's Events. Opponent gets to choose which of their Events to save.

Positives: Plays in the core and stays there till activated. Could destroy all but two of the Opponent's Events. Works on all Events in play including those not in core.

Thoughts: This is highly effective against decks running on several Events. Various Borg and Romulan decks could really be damaged by Desperate Sacrifice. The notable thing here is Desperate Sacrifice counts as one of the four Events in the core for activation, so really only one other of the Player's Events has to go for activation and every Event the Opponent doesn't choose has to be destroyed. Which could be several. Despite that giving the Opponent the option of which two Events to save could mean the really harmful Events that are hurting the Player could remain in play. Sometime useful, but sometimes a dud sacrifice with a 5 out of 10.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !