Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Damn this is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Nice. If I were a millionaire, I'd get full sets of these made. :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Pretty cool. If you do another one, can you put the picture (and the ship) as wide as possible and the text smaller than the frame and post it? If you do D'deridex I'll buy it from ya :)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Neat!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Outstanding craftsmanship.

Very cool!
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Gotta say, if you're going to deface a card, that's how to do it!

Great job with that. Have fun sleeving it, but that's some very fine craftsmanship there.

I didn't even need my glasses.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
For some reason, I don't get as good an effect with my print-out copies. :shifty:

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Faithful Reader wrote:Great job with that. Have fun sleeving it, but that's some very fine craftsmanship there.
If my opponent played a printed copy of the ship and replaced it with the 3D one while in play, I wouldn’t complain at all.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think could be a cool unique prize support for people willing to take the time to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I tried my hand at a virtual card. I think that future attempts with virtual cards will require thicker paper to print on, and probably a higher quality printer than I currently have access to. Regular printer paper creases way too easily, and gets squishy with the glue. Unfortunately, that drastically limits the number of missions that I can do.

Another problem with missions is the amount of fading and thin gray areas that show up on the templates. Cutting out small circles (like the range number, or icons on other cards) is an ugly procedure, and areas like the circles around the points and quadrant icon would probably require imagining a closing line at the edge of the border. While fading only shows up on the title for other cards, it shows up on missions on the bottom bar too, and presents problems with closing off the raised (or lowered) portion.
Naetor.Ret wrote:Pretty cool. If you do another one, can you put the picture (and the ship) as wide as possible and the text smaller than the frame and post it?
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting having the picture pop out rather than be recessed? That would be unconventional - other attempts at this sort of thing always recess the image. That said, most of those games don't have cards that are ships on plain starfields, so it's possible it would work better for Trek.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I would like to commission one of a tribble card with each individual tribble at a different raised level, for a card about 9" tall as a big pile of tribbles [Trob]
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:I would like to commission one of a tribble card with each individual tribble at a different raised level, for a card about 9" tall as a big pile of tribbles [Trob]
I'll contribute to this Kickstarter.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
prylardurden wrote:I would like to commission one of a tribble card with each individual tribble at a different raised level, for a card about 9" tall as a big pile of tribbles [Trob]

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Edgeofhearing wrote:
Naetor.Ret wrote:Pretty cool. If you do another one, can you put the picture (and the ship) as wide as possible and the text smaller than the frame and post it?
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you suggesting having the picture pop out rather than be recessed? That would be unconventional - other attempts at this sort of thing always recess the image. That said, most of those games don't have cards that are ships on plain starfields, so it's possible it would work better for Trek.
Yeah, I meant having the image pop out of the card, and the ship pop out from the image. It would give each card a "miniatures" figurine appearance.

First: Saru Last: Burnham I think @jadziadax[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]