Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[D] 1 Toe to Toe
Consume: 2. (Your opponent places the top two cards of his or her dilemma pile face up beneath this mission.) Randomly select a personnel. Unless you stop that personnel and another personnel with the same cost, he or she is killed.
"So, you need me."
"I can't get back to that computer without you."
14 C 19

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=2569

Positives: Dual. 1 Cost. Could stop two Personnel, or kill one.

Negatives: Consumes 2. Opponent gets to choose which Personnel takes the second stop. Opponent could just choose to kill the selected Personnel with no stop of a second Personnel.

Thoughts: Probably the most used of the Dilemmas where characters meet variations of themselves. Included in this theme are Dilemmas like: Head to Head, Face to Face, One to One and Nose to Nose. The real trouble here is the Consume 2. By the time this Dilemma resolves it will cost three overcome Dilemmas under the Opponent's Mission. That's a pretty steep price. It's mostly used as a last ditch draw with something like Machinations, but since it gives the Opponent the option of just killing the selected Personnel it's damage can be minimal. It shows up in a few Tragic Turn piles since its Consume could reveal an All Consuming Evil, outside of that it's random selection and Opponent's choice options makes its use limited. It's a 6 out of 10.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
2/10.

Never used it. Overcosted (from Consume standpoint) for its effect.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]