Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
When Sybok is in a crew or away team that is stopped in its entirety, can his text ability still be used? For example when facing Maglock and you can't meet the requirements.

My concern is the wording "is facing" on Sybok. It seems to me if a dilemma stops everyone at once, they are no longer "facing" it so Sybok's ability is voided.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I don't think Sybok can be used in this case because he is already stopped when the return is about to happen.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah that's the same way that Analyze works if I remember that very old ruling correctly.

Now if you can somehow prevent Sybok from being stopped, then you can use his ability on a bouncing wall.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Does the "and" play into this anywhere? As both are the same general action and happening at the same time, you could make a case the other way.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
prylardurden wrote:Does the "and" play into this anywhere? As both are the same general action and happening at the same time, you could make a case the other way.
I would rule the "and" is after the stop to inform players what happens with the dilemma, i.e. "and this dilemma is placed in your core" or returns or is overcome, etc.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]