Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
If my opponent's Khan Noonien Singh is in my brig, can they play their personnel like Otto at a reduced cost? Rulebook says you can't use their game text so I guess the question is, is their card title considered game text?

BRIG AND CAPTIVES
"While your personnel is a captive, you cannot use any of its game
text, attributes, icons, or other characteristics. You may take no actions
involving that captive."

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
A name’s not considered game text, but I’d wager it’s considered “other characteristic”.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Interesting question. You still command a captive in your opponent's brig, so it looks on the surface like you should be able to trigger Otto. However, the next sentence in the rule book (after the ones you quoted) seems to answer the question.
Rulebook wrote:For example: you cannot play a card requiring that you command a Leadership personnel if your only Leadership personnel is a captive.
I would interpret that to mean you can't trigger Otto from a captured Khan.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Being in the brig is a whole lot like being stopped. You command the personnel for purposes of uniqueness only. You can't trigger Otto with a captured Kahn Noonien Singh the same way you can't trigger Losta's attribute boost with a stopped Kahless.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]