Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Yeah, you only had 1 deck you could win with.
More fake news from NastyNateTv? Really?

You still mad they nerfed Donatra? You mad bro?

TK

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
A lot of episodes are about battles. A big part of DS9 is around Federation VS Dominion. Star Trek was always a mix between Exploring, Diplomacy and Conflicts.

In the end battles are also a part of STCCG. A small part. Here we have the possibility to add more depth to engagements and combats without always going for blood and guts.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:
Naetor wrote:Yeah, you only had 1 deck you could win with.
More fake news from NastyNateTv? Really?

You still mad they nerfed Donatra? You mad bro?

TK
They only nerfed the mythical Alternate Identity/Donatra combo. It was going to ruin Worlds that one year... supposedly.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Marquetry wrote:
jjh wrote:Was/Is Star Trek really about Battle?

Not to me.
Not to me either... it's about exploring and learning for me! (Which is prob why DS9 is my least favorite)
True, Trek's heart was discovery, progress, and scientific achievement. But, some of the most beloved and well-known episodes and movies of the various franchises dealt with conflict and war.

Balance of Terror
Space Seed
Mirror, Mirror
Arena
The Wrath of Khan
The Best of Both Worlds 1, and 2
Yesterday's Enterprise
Chain of Command 1, and 2
First Contact
The Way of the Warrior 1, and 2
Call to Arms - Sacrifice of Angels
In the Pale Moonlight
The Siege of AR-558
Scorpion 1, and 2
Year of Hell 1, and 2
In a Mirror, Darlky 1, and 2

Science fiction is about the human condition and conflict and war are part of the human condition.

Besides, no one's suggesting we transform Trek into a war torn dystopia. It's simply being suggested we add options to allow players to increase interaction in ways which are both fun and competitive.

I recognize everyone has their own idea of fun. The only Worlds Day 2 I've ever attended I faced essentially the same Relativity build two out of three games. That certainly wasn't my idea of fun, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the faction shouldn't exist.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
Latok wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:Well, if you're going to make it easier to blow up ships, then you need to build a better Escape Pod. This one won't cut it. Saving one person out of an entire crew is a very poor ratio.
Escape Pod saves everybody when a ship is destroyed.
That's not the way I've seen it ruled in he past.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
I think the "when" rule (only unseable once each time) only applies while facing dilemmas... (don't find it in the Rulebook now, please could someone else post the right entry - I think it is page 15...) So if I'm right, Escape Pod saves your entire crew if destroyed in an engagement (not if it is destroyed while facing a dilemma and you're eating your third Gomtuu...)
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
The Prefect wrote:
Latok wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:Well, if you're going to make it easier to blow up ships, then you need to build a better Escape Pod. This one won't cut it. Saving one person out of an entire crew is a very poor ratio.
Escape Pod saves everybody when a ship is destroyed.
That's not the way I've seen it ruled in he past.
Yeah I know, you can use the forum search function and see that the issue of Escape Pod working once or more times for a ship destruction has come up around a dozen times in the last 3-4 years. What we need is a rules tool entry.

Technically what I said was incorrect though and Clerasil ToB, clarified it correctly.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Clerasil ToB wrote:I think the "when" rule (only unseable once each time) only applies while facing dilemmas... (don't find it in the Rulebook now, please could someone else post the right entry - I think it is page 15...) So if I'm right, Escape Pod saves your entire crew if destroyed in an engagement (not if it is destroyed while facing a dilemma and you're eating your third Gomtuu...)
I was going to post a full explanation of how Escape Pod works in and out of a mission attempt but basically the confusion is created by this rule on pg. 11
Rulebook wrote:Some dilemmas cause more than one personnel to be killed, stopped, or
placed in a brig. A dilemma that does this will kill, stop, or place those
personnel in a brig as one action, unless they are listed as separate actions.
Any response actions will only trigger once when multiple personnel are
affected by a single action during a mission attempt.
For example: if Tragic
Turn is on a mission and three personnel are selected to be killed by one
action, only one additional personnel will be killed.
normally you can save as many personnel as you want with Escape Pod when a ship is destroyed but this rule means that during a mission attempt you can only save one.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
Latok wrote:normally you can save as many personnel as you want with Escape Pod when a ship is destroyed but this rule means that during a mission attempt you can only save one.
Forum thread crossover c-c-combo!! Can you Escape Pod to save all your people doomed at Wolf 359, Last Stand?
Yes.

By Winner of Borg (Stefan Slaby)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Champion 2023
1E Austrian National Champion 2023
2E Austrian National Champion 2022
Armus wrote:
Naetor wrote:
Latok wrote:normally you can save as many personnel as you want with Escape Pod when a ship is destroyed but this rule means that during a mission attempt you can only save one.
Forum thread crossover c-c-combo!! Can you Escape Pod to save all your people doomed at Wolf 359, Last Stand?
Yes.
i don't think so; i would rule "When your personnel complete this mission, ..." responses to take place during the final step of that mission attempt (5d), thus still during a mission attempt. ergo you can only save 1 from Wolf 359 (per copy of Escape Pod).
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Naetor wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:Battle gets FW's. I've done it plenty of times.

Ask Nasty Nate about the rage quits he's personally witnessed at Arbys.

1 Regional Win, 1 tournament win
1 Regional win, 4 tournament wins
1 tournament win
1 tournament win

TK
Yeah, you only had 1 deck you could win with.
That's all you need! :D (I've been on the losing end of several games against TK with his battle/engagement decks :( )
Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keyword […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]