What's New Dashboard Articles Forums Chat Room Achievements Tournaments Player Map The Promenade Volunteers About Us Site Index
The Continuing Committee
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:57 am

2019 Atlanta NA Continentals Updates and Plans for 2E 
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

Region: Cardassia
Post 2019 Atlanta NA Continentals Updates and Plans for 2E
This post is to facilitate discussion of travel plans and arrangements. We also welcome your feedback about the main event schedule or potential side events here as well.

Original announcement article here.

Update article here.

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Formerly known as Skrain Dukat

Last edited by The Prefect on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:31 pm
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Region: Deep Space 9
Post Re: 2019 Atlanta NA Continentals Updates and Plans for 2E
I can pretty much arrive any time on Friday if need be. Can Tribbles Continentals be Friday night? Perhaps at a restaurant or other venue if we can't get space at the JW.

Speaking of which, does anyone want to split a room at the JW? PM me if interested.

Other Hobby

Last edited by jadziadax8 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:49 pm
Second Edition Rules Master
Second Edition Rules Master

Region: Ferenginar
Are the fees right or just placeholders? Seems a bit high for that amount for both day 1 & 2

Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:51 pm
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

jadziadax8 wrote:
I can pretty much arrive any time on Friday if need be. Can Tribbles Continentals be Friday night? Perhaps at a restaurant or other venue if we can't get space at the JW.

Speaking of which, does anyone want to split a room at the JW? PM me if interested.

I have already secured event space from 8am - 11pm Friday through Sunday. So, as far as space goes Friday is no issue.

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

Marquetry wrote:
Are the fees right or just placeholders? Seems a bit high for that amount for both day 1 & 2

Thanks for the question, Amber.

The fee is higher than I'd like. However, I am having to pay for the event space out of my own pocket, and it's a per day charge that's not cheap. To be transparent: our normal venue - which would have been much cheaper - could not accommodate Continentals this year and this was unexpected. So, I needed to secure a space that would allow us as much room and freedom as we needed - so I chose a hotel conference room.

I chose the JW Marriott because I thought the location would be both convenient for travelers and yet still offer options for families or for those who may want to take a little break. It's a 16 minute MARTA train ride or a 20 minute drive to the Fox Theater. It's similarly convenient to all of Atlanta's in-town attractions like the World of Coca-Cola, CNN, The Georgia Aquarium, etc. And, it's centrally located in Buckhead, which is one of Atlanta's main entertainment, shopping, and nightlife districts.

Unfortunately, that kind of convenience and location doesn't come cheap. And, I'm a graduate research assistant with Georgia State University so I don't make tons of money - not enough to foot 100% of the cost myself. All fees will go to offset that cost. If more people register and I can lower the fees, I certainly shall - I'm not looking to profit of the venture, and I won't at y'alls' expense I can assure you.

I should also say, if anyone is interesting in making a generous donation, get in touch with me. :wink: :cross: :cheersL:

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Last edited by The Prefect on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:12 pm
Director of Organized Play
Director of Organized Play

Region: Andoria
jadziadax8 wrote:

Tribbles Friday would be a good ice breaker for the group. Good idea, Mags.

I'm definitely hoping to make it down there for Continentals this year, and am happy to sub-in / assist with tournament director duties as needed. It sure would be cool if we all could play (Michael & Ryan included) in the biggest event on North American soil in 2019. If that means we do a T.D. by committee approach, I'd be in favor of that. :cross:

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

LORE wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:

Tribbles Friday would be a good ice breaker for the group. Good idea, Mags.

I'm definitely hoping to make it down there for Continentals this year, and am happy to sub-in / assist with tournament director duties as needed. It sure would be cool if we all could play (Michael & Ryan included) in the biggest event on North American soil in 2019. If that means we do a T.D. by committee approach, I'd be in favor of that. :cross:

Thanks for the offer of help. I'll happily accept it. If you finalize your travel plans let me know.

Regarding Tribbles - I am certainly in favor of having it on Friday night. If enough people can make it into Atlanta Friday - I'll schedule it then.

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:30 am
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

Hey folks …

For those of you travelling or thinking of travelling - especially for those of you already registered:

Instead of paying multiple tournament fees throughout the course of the event, would you all rather just pay one flat fee prior to the event that would cover your participation in all events?

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:16 am
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

Three and half months out and we've already got 17 people pre-registered for NA Continentals 2E main event on Saturday, June 22.

You want to part of this event!

Register here.

:cheersL:

[Baj] [Car] [Dom] [TN]

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 pm
Chief Ambassador
Chief Ambassador

The full schedule is up …

Come on and register!