Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 145 posts

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:Earlier you listed Khan, holograms, thieves, Relativity and KCA as new "affiliations." Not one of them actually introduced a new affiliation. Four of the five did give players a new way to play different selections of personnel from existing affiliations.
They have their own HQ, personnel available, mechanic, and even their own link on the Affiliation HQ. I guess you're talking about color, which I suppose is the in-game definition of affiliation, but thankfully when I respond on the internet, if the person I am responding to may interpret language effectively, I may choose words which portray appropriate meaning. Destroy this event.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:Earlier you listed Khan, holograms, thieves, Relativity and KCA as new "affiliations." Not one of them actually introduced a new affiliation. Four of the five did give players a new way to play different selections of personnel from existing affiliations.
They have their own HQ, personnel available, mechanic, and even their own link on the Affiliation HQ. I guess you're talking about color, which I suppose is the in-game definition of affiliation, but thankfully when I respond on the internet, if the person I am responding to may interpret language effectively, I may choose words which portray appropriate meaning. Destroy this event.
SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM NERD CORRECTION

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Naetor wrote:
LOL

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Naetor wrote:
When I think of affiliations, I think of Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Borg, Starfleet, etc.... Relativity, Khan, and holograms are all sub affiliations comparable to Voyager, DS9, TNG, TOS, etc.... those all have a mechanic and HQ. I would not consider them to be an affiliation unto themselves. Thief is a keyword. GooeyChewie pointed this out rather clearly in his whole post. I pointed this out earlier. These sub affilations may have a link to the Affiliation HQ, but I assume that's to make things a little easier for players searching the website. A new player curious about the game needs all the help he/she can get. Also, existing players may want a faster way to access the cards they want/need. You can call a sub-affiliation an affiliation, but that doesn't make it so.

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
durgforaday wrote:If all the [Hir] [Kaz] [Vid] personnel are "supporting" characters, so what!?! If their affiliation brings some flavor to the game for anyone, winner! Somebody is playing that might not have or continuing because that was "their" favorite series or episode or like me enjoyed playing them in 1E. I get and agree with Gooey, if we can get the affiliation to "care" about the game in "their" unique way, be it a new mechanic or "their" slant on something that already exist, again winner! The same could be said for using a "new" mechanic with an existing affiliation, winner! We keep playing and exploring. that is the way of the Trek! Wisdom of the DOJO! Sorry Boss K ! All respects intended!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Well said Durg! :thumbsup: :cheersL:

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
IQ542 wrote:
Naetor wrote:
When I think of affiliations, I think of Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Borg, Starfleet, etc.... Relativity, Khan, and holograms are all sub affiliations comparable to Voyager, DS9, TNG, TOS, etc.... those all have a mechanic and HQ. I would not consider them to be an affiliation unto themselves. Thief is a keyword. GooeyChewie pointed this out rather clearly in his whole post. I pointed this out earlier. These sub affilations may have a link to the Affiliation HQ, but I assume that's to make things a little easier for players searching the website. A new player curious about the game needs all the help he/she can get. Also, existing players may want a faster way to access the cards they want/need. You can call a sub-affiliation an affiliation, but that doesn't make it so.
I can't wait to murder all your personnel this summer.

By IQ542 (Matt S)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I can't wait to see the look on your face as you realize you're murdering sub-affiliations and not actual affiliations of people.... :wink:

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Let's lock this topic as well, cuz it's just people bickering at eachother...
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]