Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
So, me making this a weekly series hasn't worked yet. The recent discussion of Slipstream got me thinking about this Ferengi deck that I really like, but can't win unless I'm playing Bend the Rules. This one is all about trying to find the hidden win achievement for that affiliation. This one is a doozy - win with a Ferengi deck with no acquisition in it.

Avarice is One of the Seven Deadly Sins

Right now it's a straight solver, making limited use of Reyga. I'm pretty sure the next iteration should probably just take out Veiled Threat and Tongo: Confront, since I don't really use either when I play, but I don't know where to go from here. So, can you help me Make My Deck Better?
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Ferengi are a tough nut to crack. Can you give us a little more information on how it plays?

Does your opponent start solving before you do? Is it more mid range? How close are you to winning at the end of the game?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
This deck usually takes every game to time. It's strength is the dilemma pile, which can really slow people down. I don't know how many times I've top-decked a Triage or similar on a draw and spend 1 situation.

The draw deck is meant to be a straight solver. I'm supposed to get a few Rules under Ferenginar (usually #33) with Quark's Advice and Lumba, which can then be used with Reyga or Rom, depending on what the scenario is.

I can usually solve Study Cometary Cloud, which is helped by the Kurdon's Cunning boost. Then I can do Lapideas. Depending who's out now and if I got the 5 point bonus for Lapideas, I can do Survey New World or Acquire Illicit Explosives.

I think the main problem is that these guys are no good at dilemma busting. Reyga is really too expensive in his post-errata incarnation. Also, most of the time I'd rather have his skills for the missions. I'm think about ditching the Quark's Advices to slim things down, but I'm not sure where to go.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I'm wondering if you can take some more events out. You've got a lot of events in there and you can do tomfoolery, but the cost will add up and with games going to time, they are probably not helping in the long run. You are taking some out, but could probably stand to lose a few more.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]