Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The main problem I've found with the Slipstream format (the one time I've played it) is that everyone just solves Wolf 359, Last Stand and then you're done.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Champion 2023
Naetor wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:The main problem I've found with the Slipstream format (the one time I've played it) is that everyone just solves Wolf 359, Last Stand and then you're done.
Oh, lol! Seems pretty good. I'm not running that. Maybe in 6 years, Slipstream HoF will be competitive.
It wasn't that exciting! I won 4 rounds in a total of ~30 minutes. But it was a bit funny! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Johannes Mette wrote:
Naetor wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:The main problem I've found with the Slipstream format (the one time I've played it) is that everyone just solves Wolf 359, Last Stand and then you're done.
Oh, lol! Seems pretty good. I'm not running that. Maybe in 6 years, Slipstream HoF will be competitive.
It wasn't that exciting! I won 4 rounds in a total of ~30 minutes. But it was a bit funny! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
This was the first thing I thought of when people were talking about solving the meta for a limited or alternate format.

That tourney I think I played against three different versions of that deck and then a Jaeger Bomb.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
The community takes like 1 look a year at slipstream. 50 point mission, seems good. So what hurts when you know what mission your opponent is going to solve? Chula? Ok so what hurts when you know what pile your opponent is going to play? Self-Replicating Roadblock ... ok so what do I do about that ... etc.

I'm not convinced we've solved for the end of this chain. Innovative deck building can do some things, I reckon. Or maybe not. I want to try.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
jadziadax8 wrote:That tourney I think I played against three different versions of that deck and then a Jaeger Bomb.
I still wake up in sweats thinking about you Tongoing my only ship. :D
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Johannes Mette wrote:
monty42 wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:That tourney I think I played against three different versions of that deck and then a Jaeger Bomb.
I still wake up in sweats thinking about you Tongoing my only ship. :D
:thumbsup:
That was pretty epic. [Rule] [Rule] [Rule]

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:Lol, time zones. 9:30pm in San Diego is a different day for me. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
Not only did we screw up the day, but I didn't take into account the switch to US daylight savings that occurred this past Sunday.

This will now be on at 10:30 pm -- should be the same time your Wednesday morning.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]