Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
From the Rulebook, page 9:
Downloads can refer to a card title or a certain characteristic. For
example: when you play this personnel, you may download Prejudice and Politics. This game text downloads only the card named “Prejudice and Politics.” For example: When you play this personnel, you may download an Honor Klingon. This game text downloads any Klingon who has Honor.

Can I use Gowron Leader of the High Council's ability to download B'Elanna Torres who is Human/Klingon?
Torres.jpg
Torres.jpg (215.9 KiB) Viewed 1398 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
No. In 2e, a Klingon has to say "Klingon," B'Elanna is a "Human/Klingon" which is a different species entirely.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Unfortunately not. Had the same issue with Rozhenko once. :?

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:Star Trek is not progressive by 2019 standards.

Spock self-identified as Vulcan; B'Elanna self-identifed as Human; and Alexander was a transpecial Klingon. Errata now!!!1!
Wrong.
No half-breeds
Terra Prime Forever

By Connor (Connor Corbett)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Cmdr Xym wrote:Come on, Rick, really? You usually ask better questions than that. :?
Don't give Mr. Rick a hard time just for asking a rules question.
Asshole.

Mod Note [Boffo97]: User was warned for this comment.

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Connor wrote:
Cmdr Xym wrote:Come on, Rick, really? You usually ask better questions than that. :?
Don't give Mr. Rick a hard time just for asking a rules question.
Asshole.
I give Rick a hard time about everything. Ask him about "The Princess Bride" sometime. But seriously...he likes it. So the name-calling is unwarranted in this case, thank you so much.

He's played 2E since the beginning...so it seemed like kind of a noob question for him to ask.

Mod Edit [Boffo97]: Quote edited to hide Rule 11 breaking content.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Okay, let's take this where I really wanted to go. What are the NPE worse case scenarios/combos if B'Elanna Torres (or any mixed species personnel) could be either Human or Klingon (or whatever the species happen to be). It seems to me that the game penalizes "Mud-bloods" rather than celebrating their diversity. With all due respect to the designers, as an example, it just seems wrong that Spock can't trigger or be triggered with cards that require the Vulcan species.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
eberlems wrote:Daniels is the same specis as Daniels, but not the same species as Daniels.
That's just silly.

I want to know what would be a game changing, catastrophic occurrence if a multi-species personnel could count as either of their mixed heritages.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
T-Ricks wrote:That's just silly.

I want to know what would be a game changing, catastrophic occurrence if a multi-species personnel could count as either of their mixed heritages.
Future Starfleet. They trigger based on "non-Human" personnel, and most of their personnel are at least part Human. Since such a rules change would make them count as Human, they wouldn't count as non-Human. I suppose we could further add a rule that having multiple species means you count as a "non"-Species for all those species, but then we start down the rabbit hole of defining "non" and having it mean something different for species than everything else. It'd also impact some cards for [REDACTED].
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
T-Ricks wrote:I want to know what would be a game changing, catastrophic occurrence if a multi-species personnel could count as either of their mixed heritages.
Intimidation would be Troi and Alexander safe. It may not seem like much, but there are others that would go through that sieve. That dilemma loses some, but not all, power.
GooeyChewie wrote:It'd also impact some cards for [REDACTED].
Maybe, maybe not. [REDACTED] does a good job in and of itself. I'm not sure they would get too much benefit with diluting their pool.

ETA:
Daniels is the same specis as Daniels, but not the same species as Daniels.
Did it bug you that this Picard didn't have a command star? Of course not. This is a show that involves time travel. Sometimes things get a bit wonky, but that makes it a nice touch, especially when the different ones are all about protecting the timeline.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]