Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
I find it's sometimes difficult to search for old rulings, for example Escape Pod, because either the words are to common for the search filter to be helpful or there have been a lot of threads where the question was asked and possibly answered incorrectly and not everything can be put in the rules tool or maybe it can. So I'm going to keep this first post up to date with any questions and definitive answers as well as pertinent links. I'll see if it gains any traction or if there isn't quite enough need for rules clarification in 2E.

Escape Pod: Normally triggers every time a personnel is placed in the discard pile or killed (because cards are discarded one at a time each being a trigger), meaning that when a ship is destroyed the entire crew can be placed on the event.
During mission attempts it can only trigger once per action. So if a ship is destroyed during the attempt only one personnel can be saved, if three personnel are selected to be killed by Tsiolkovsy Infection only one can be saved, both personnel can be saved against Simulated Prey because each kill is a separate action.

Pending clarification:
- Does Wolf 359 destroy the ship/s during the mission attempt?
- An Issue of Trust/Personal Duty and avoiding random selections
- Digging up an old one here for Field Report
By Latok
 -  
I'll start it with the first new question.

Kavis Alpha. Is the second stop by the mission or by the dilemma? It will affect things like Sabotaged Transporter, The Die Is Cast, etc.

Also while we're on Infestation, Iota Geminorum IV, at Worlds last year a question came up about whether this mission prevents preventing the stop or just it being prevented and overcome. Also how does it interact with OT Kirk?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
This would be a good reference for updating the Rules Tool entries for these cards.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For that first one, staffing ability doesn't equate personnel ability in my understanding

For the second one Paging Mistress Amber, Ruler of all rule things
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The Prefect wrote:Dereliction of Duty doesn't effect keywords, I don't think.

So, personnel are still matching commanders or assassins ... isn't that right?
Keywords are abilities. I would rule that Dereliction will scupper the 2nd ability on the D.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:
The Prefect wrote:Dereliction of Duty doesn't effect keywords, I don't think.

So, personnel are still matching commanders or assassins ... isn't that right?
Keywords are abilities. I would rule that Dereliction will scupper the 2nd ability on the D.
That D, yes.

But why wouldn't you roll with the Pimped Out D at that mission? Can't derelict that and you don't even need another ship or bonus card!
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:Keywords are abilities. I would rule that Dereliction will scupper the 2nd ability on the D.
You are correct that Keywords are abilities. I think that Greg's question is which comes first: "when you complete this mission" or "at the end of this mission attempt". The Rulebook goes into great detail about timing and triggers, but doesn't specifically cover this pair. I, too, would rule that "when you complete" is still technically during the mission attempt, so Dereliction of Duty would block Diplomatic Envoy, but it is definitely a gray area.
By Latok
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Keywords are abilities. I would rule that Dereliction will scupper the 2nd ability on the D.
You are correct that Keywords are abilities. I think that Greg's question is which comes first: "when you complete this mission" or "at the end of this mission attempt". The Rulebook goes into great detail about timing and triggers, but doesn't specifically cover this pair. I, too, would rule that "when you complete" is still technically during the mission attempt, so Dereliction of Duty would block Diplomatic Envoy, but it is definitely a gray area.
Yeah basically, Wolf 359 is the same timing and affects how Escape Pod works. It's not a particularly clear timing as you said but I lean the other way with "when you complete" being outside of the mission attempt.

Chu'lak vs Odo really does my head in though. The only pseudo-solution I can come up with is:
If Chu'lak is equipped with a hand weapon when he moves to Odo's location or vise versa then he loses his abilities but if Chu'lak is equipped with a hand weapon after being at Odo's location then he keeps his abilities... maybe.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation