Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[Eve] 2 •Mudd's Women
Plays in your core. When an opponent's dilemma is revealed, you may discard a card from hand to name a personnel. When that named personnel is randomly selected by that dilemma, you may place the top card of your deck on this event. At the start of each of your turns, you may take a card from this event to your hand to spend two additional counters this turn.
"It's all right, darlings. We're in good hands."
18 V 13

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=2923

Positives: Plays in the Core and stays there. May be done several times per turn. The Player names the Personnel after the Dilemma is revealed. Any cards on the Event may be taken in hand to get two extra counters.

Negatives: Activation requires a card discard from hand. The Opponent's Dilemma randomly selects. Cards may only go on the Event during a Mission attempt.

Thoughts: This is a "Wall of Text" card, right up there with Brian Evethers. After reading over this a few times you can see this is essentially, "discard a card for two counters." Which isn't a bad deal if it wasn't so damn complicated. Since it only activates during a Mission Attempt it is not much help early on, but one of the key aspects is the Player gets to see the Dilemma before naming the Personnel. So if Dilemma revealed randomly selects Leadership Personnel like the Show Trial card then a Personnel with Leadership would be the best to name. Any cards that go on the Event are no big deal since they can be taken into hand later. The big loss is the card from hand, which is the Player's choice, so there is some control over that, but there's no controlling the Dilemmas in the Opponent's Dilemma pile and it's not a guaranteed pay off for the card loss. Pretty as this card is I'm not really sold on it with a 4 out of 10.

Jared Hoffman FW Mathew McCalpin 100-12

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't comma[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon arr[…]

solved, thanks :thumbsup: