Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
It's a new Regional season, and it's time for a new predictions competition. Unlike last year, we're guessing who will be the Most Improved player by rating after the Regional. Just like previous years, the winner will get an Ambassador Foil, guesses need to be made before the day of the event, and non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11000
Ferenginar Regional #1: Coquitlam, BC
Last Year's Attendance: 4 Players
Last Year's Winner: Michael Van Breemen
Preregistered This Year: Michael Van Breemen (1948), Amber Van Breemen (1785), Kenneth Tufts (1767), Justin Ford (1680)
My Prediction: Ken Tufts is know for his 1e skill, but time and again he shows he's also a 2e expert. He'll outperform that 1767 rating the most.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10865
Vandros IV Regional #1: Kassel, Germany
Last Year's Attendance: 5 Players
Last Year's Winner: Johannes Mette
Preregistered This Year: Sascha Kiefer (1809), Tjark Ott (1670), Benjamin Liebich (1657), Johannes Mette (1618), Matthias Weller (1594), Carsten Weller (1235)
My Prediction: Benjamin Liebich is full of fire these days. I think he's going to win the event, taking all the ratings points home with him.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10882
San Diego Masters: San Diego, CA
Last Year's Attendance: N/A
Last Year's Winner: N/A
Preregistered This Year: Nathan W (1950), Kris Sonsteby (1858), Johnny Holeva (1816), Maggie Geppert (1656), Dan Hamman (1532), JD_Ashley (1473)
My Prediction: Nate's got quite a streak going online lately; I feel like the amount he's played lately pays off here.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
edgeofhearing wrote:...Benjamin Liebich is full of fire shit these days...
Fixed that for you for public opinion's sake :wink:

Johannes is clearly on a roll right now. I won't bet against him.

Also Justin and Maggie for the other two.
Last edited by monty42 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'll take Ken for the upside, Johannes for the upside, and Nate, because sometimes chalk is chalk for a reason.

How is this new rule set going to impact Road to Worlds, if at all?
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:I'll take Ken for the upside, Johannes for the upside, and Nate, because sometimes chalk is chalk for a reason.

I’ll still be reviewing the winning deck and interviewing the winner, but I wanted the guessing to be a bit more interesting this year.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
This prediction format is weird. So, we don't care whom wins any more, just whom makes the highest ratings jump? :?

Ken Tufts
Benjamin Liebich
Maggie Geppert

I guess.
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:This prediction format is weird. So, we don't care whom wins any more, just whom makes the highest ratings jump? :?
I mean, of course we care about who wins, but for the purposes of the competition we're trying to guess something other than the winner. Running this contest for the last several years, it became clear that all you really needed to do was (a) guess every week and (b) always pick the ratings leader, and you'd be very unlikely to lose. My goal here is to shake it up and make the contest less predictable.

That said, if this format ends up sucking, I can always try something different next year.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:I'll take Ken for the upside, Johannes for the upside, and Nate, because sometimes chalk is chalk for a reason.

Nate's fixing to be a ratings Pinata. Maggie is all upside and doesn't need a tournament win to get a big increase. She pulls a move on at least one of the big dogs and cashes in.
MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]