Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
None of the other games I see put the emphasis on ttournaments the way we do. It's all hobby nights and wookie Wednesday, show up when you want, leave when you need. Even the destiny release events are "win a game with X, get a promo".

With the exception of mtg, they seem to do Swiss every night. Otherwise the stores are running like three tournaments a year.

I've been disappointed that I can never get people to sit down and play 3 games in a row. But that's not what other games around here expect of people. So I'm going to be happy with my 3 or 4 people playing 1 or 2 games every week or two. And then try get everyone into one room for regionals.

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah, that sucks. I have about 6 tournaments per year with 4 games each tournament. I know how that feels.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Yeah, that sucks. I have about 6 tournaments per year with 4 games each tournament. I know how that feels.
I'm not complaining, this might actually be the golden age of trek for me. I don't have to move heaven and earth to get people together, I just get to sit down and play games. Even in the weeks when everyone says no on Facebook, someone is going to turn up because why not.

P'S. My success here is partly due to slipstream letting me get games in quick.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Fritzinger wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Yeah, that sucks. I have about 6 tournaments per year with 4 games each tournament. I know how that feels.
I'm not complaining, this might actually be the golden age of trek for me. I don't have to move heaven and earth to get people together, I just get to sit down and play games. Even in the weeks when everyone says no on Facebook, someone is going to turn up because why not.

P'S. My success here is partly due to slipstream letting me get games in quick.
I think that's probably why there is the emphasis on tournaments. Trek takes to long and if you're going to take that long to play why not do a tournament.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
We’re interested in figuring out how to reward casual play.

What kind of promotion and reward can we do for that level of play?

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:We’re interested in figuring out how to reward casual play.

What kind of promotion and reward can we do for that level of play?

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Maybe something like a 'play 5' or 'play 10' achievement for non-sanctioned games? Not sure how that would work with our tournament system though.

Or perhaps award "points" for each casual game and then redeem the points for something from TCC? Kind of like you do at a carnival game where you turn in tickets for a prize? A prize could be a month's free Premium Membership or something like that.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Supporting casual play:

Some sort of league play structure. This is not the same as WCT, where the word "league" has always been misused. A "league" is not "3 tournaments in a row", IMO. Think about most sports - your team plays 1 or maybe 2 games per week, and you follow them over a season of several months. <- I'll probably set something like this up for my local players once I convert a few more.

Achievements seem like a natural fit, because you don't have to play the same deck for a whole event when you're casual.

Some info on Star Wars destiny store kits https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... onal-play/
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]