Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Brandylee
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
This is Corbett. I think my ban ends tomorrow, I don't know. Fire up the ban evasion. It won't matter anyway.

Yesterday Brandy got into a car wreck. She's fine. The car not so much. This has prompted me to make other changes in my life, and I won't be making time for trek in the near future.

I've notified Ross that Nathan can take over immediately as Design Director. That is just a formality. He's been setting up his own thing while Mike and I work on Project Gannicus and he was going to pick up the rock from there without missing a beat. I wish him success. I've also asked BenHosp to join the Gannicus Team in case I can't give it my 100% nerd attention.

I'm also afraid I will have to cancel TCM3 in November. I know this might look like nerd politics/tactics. I don't blame my nerd enemies for thinking so, I do engage it such things. But I no longer live at the Compound so they'll have to accept that as evidence. Or not, it won't matter.

I don't know if I'll make Continentals @ATL, but my word is my word. Mike will get his $500. You can always make more money. Niall also sent $96 from old TCM2 money. I'll probably end up donating that to Mike as well. My final pitch: If Mike can crowdsource $900-$1000 more bucks, nobody will have to pay entry fees. Let's make that happen. All of us, together.

No grudges fellas. I don't mean me, I never hold them. I'm looking at you salty, snarky bastards. Use that energy for actual good for the game. I promise the sun has set. This land is yours now.

"Hear me, my Chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will fight no more forever."
-Chief Joseph

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Under these circumstances, I've gone ahead and ended the ban on your main account early, so anything else you want to say, you can say as you.

I don't know how much it's worth coming from me, but you have my sympathies. I hope she's mentally/emotionally okay as well as physically and that things will be okay for you financially.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
I am glad Brandy is OK. Stinks about the car. Hopefully insurance will make up for some of the financial loss.

I hope you make it to Continentals. If you are quitting the game, one last big event would be a fitting finale

Honest

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:Yesterday Brandy got into a car wreck. She's fine.
Thankfuly she is ok. I hope your son is ok too, you know because of the worries for his mom. Real life first, so all the best to you and your loved ones.
KillerB wrote:My final pitch: If Mike can crowdsource $900-$1000 more bucks, nobody will have to pay entry fees. Let's make that happen. All of us, together.
Thats exactly what I proposed. The community helping the community ... without any oral funding.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
All my best to the Corbett Clan

Happy to help relocate TMC or anything else if you have interest.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Sorry about your personal issues.

That said, the O/U is 30 days.
The O/U on what?

TK

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jeebus.

I have never met your wife but I truly hope she is ok. You can buy another car but you can't buy another wife.

Shame about TCM. Everything I have heard is that it's an incredible event.

But, life happens. We all get it and have been through it.

STCCG will, hopefully, always be here. You need to take a sabbatical? Do what you need to do, hoss. I think I speak for most that you will be missed and welcome you back whenever you are ready.

All the best John! And all our best to Brandy.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
John,

My sympathies on your troubles and I wish you and your family the best.

It was a pleasure to work for you on 2e Design. You were an excellent boss.

I've always enjoyed the games we've played. I hope there'll be more of them.

I'm grateful for your support and advocacy for 2019 2e Continentals. I hope it's the beginning of a new SOP for the CC.

You were a fantastic host. Wherever you end up, I hope I'll have the pleasure of attending a Corbett event again.

Cheers my friend.

:cheersL:
Last edited by The Prefect on Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I'm sorry to hear about how things are rough for you right now, John. I hope everything turns out alright.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
I think John isn't looking for sympathy as much as a commitment to better the game. I can't commit to crowd funding Continentals right now (also car-related, but no accidents at least), but I am now committing to at least going and celebrating the game - there's never any shortage of overtime to pick up at work. Let's make this a Continentals to remember.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:I think John isn't looking for sympathy as much as a commitment to better the game. I can't commit to crowd funding Continentals right now (also car-related, but no accidents at least), but I am now committing to at least going and celebrating the game - there's never any shortage of overtime to pick up at work. Let's make this a Continentals to remember.
Unfortunately I have a conflict for Continentals weekend so I'm a no-go.

However, I did put up da belt for the 1e winner, and given the above post from the commissioner, I'm sure he would be ok with a 2e belt ladder match as well.

Who's got the belt now? Old Pro? Full Nelson? Jeremy?

Time to defend your title properly or hang it at the top of the ladder for the Continental champion to claim.

That's a good for business move!

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.