Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
For those not following Magic, the Gathering, the technology exists where they can influence the sorting down to the pack level. Forget box mapping for a moment, you can have like cards in a pack. While we don't want to have sixty distinct packs of cards, what are some of the possibilities with this kind of technology? We can't really do this with virtual cards, but think back to the physical sets.

-In a Mirror Darkly can have the teams appearing with more cohesion within packs
-Sets with headquarters can have a good rare (or one of three) for that headquarters
-Commanders can appear in the same pack as their ship, providing rarity allows

Have fun with this little thought experiment!

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I guess he means the Guild boosters in Return to Ravnica and Ravnica Allegiance. A guild consists of 2 colours and there are boosters for the 10 different guilds. Each booster comes only with the fitting 2 colours. Red and white in the Boros guild boosters for example.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Ok I read up on theme packs.

Here's my thing: there's always such a big gap between Timmy's first demo deck and good standard decks. Can we put out a pile of cards that will upgrade a basic deck for each affiliation? Maybe with a small amount of choice, but not so much as to be overwhelming.

Say with a few dilemmas that can be subbed in or out. Pick your theme, or just "these two are good if you're playing weenies, these are good for stopping big teams etc.

I'm seeing PDF with a paragraph per 2 or 3 cards. Print the whole thing, cut out the cards as you need them.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]