Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Ashbey (Anastasia Kalashnikova)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The problem with this card is that there are no real reasons to not include at least 2 copies of it in any dilemma pile.
So there are no real strategic choices involved.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Exactly. You have to tech for it, there is no choice.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Exactly. You have to tech for it, there is no choice.
I think if it wasn't dual, I would love it. Being dual, your opponent is ~guaranteed to draw it at least once per game, so you either have in play the 1-2 cards that can beat it or not and your opponent will know even if they have been sleeping through half your turns.

I can see the appeal from one side -- good players will find ways to make Raimus good. But the entire gameplay/deckbuilding aspect seems very silver bullet-y to me.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Yeah maybe dual is a problem, I was thinking I don't mind that you 'have' to tech for it, there are a number of dilemmas that you 'have' to tech for already Gomtuu, Rogue Borg Ambush, AioT, etc. I prefer making cards like this as a solution to being bored with the previously mentioned dilemmas over Hall of Fame.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Forgive my ignorance, but what was the design goal / point of this card? To push people into playing Holograms? Having to kill one to pass it seems a bit counter-productive if so. Maybe it was to encourage people to play Ferengi? Well then... aren't we all fully aware that affiliation was already pretty good? Why did they need another Acquisition wall to go with favorites Pawn Against Pawn and Unwanted Guests?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah maybe dual is a problem, I was thinking I don't mind that you 'have' to tech for it, there are a number of dilemmas that you 'have' to tech for already Gomtuu, Rogue Borg Ambush, AioT, etc. I prefer making cards like this as a solution to being bored with the previously mentioned dilemmas over Hall of Fame.
I am all for Dilemma-diversity! Acquisition looks good on paper for even Ferengi. But from own personal experience, you go for the Holograms... What I find salty: It is another auto-include for Romulans... A dilemma that helps, not hinder the most powerful affiliation in game. It is an Auto-Include for everyone...

Kudos to those questions! What was the intention of that design??
By Latok
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:
I am all for Dilemma-diversity! Acquisition looks good on paper for even Ferengi. But from own personal experience, you go for the Holograms... What I find salty: It is another auto-include for Romulans... A dilemma that helps, not hinder the most powerful affiliation in game. It is an Auto-Include for everyone...

Kudos to those questions! What was the intention of that design??
As you've said it is an auto-include for everyone not just Romulans but Romulans are bad at it, they aren't good at skill gaining, have no native personnel to pass it and have no affiliation specific wall cheater to pass it. It definitely hinders Romulans more than most affiliations.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
You mistake me. Romulans throw that Hologram in, and voila, done. Delirium and Endangered, for them it is a well oiled feast. My honest opinion: Nothing Lo lose helps Romulans. Greg, you know, that I am right :) .
By Latok
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:You mistake me. Romulans throw that Hologram in, and voila, done. Delirium and Endangered, for them it is a well oiled feast. My honest opinion: Nothing Lo lose helps Romulans. Greg, you know, that I am right :) .
Yeah you can use Garren but a lot of affiliations have a similar option so that's not easier for Romulans than anyone else in fact it means they can't use the NeuHQ for cheaper D'Deridex's.

Arguing that because Romulans can be good at throwing dilemmas with booster events so this is a buff for Romulans doesn't really make sense, you could say Weight of Command was a buff to Romulans that way.

Does it hammer Romulans? No.
Are there affiliations that are much better against the dilemma? Yes, and good ones to like Ferengi, Cardassians, Starfleet.

If you want cards that hurt Romulans, Lethal Wound is pretty new as well.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Another Romulan card... :) Wie sollte der Teufel den Beelzebub austreiben :) ?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Making me have to be like Nat and play with Minuet? That alone means its a bad card.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]