Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
So the niece has taken more of an interest in this silly old game recently, and shown an interest in coming to Manchester for the Europeans. I need to find a deck that’s simple to play yet still somewhat competitive, especially with respect to the dilemma pile. Thoughts?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:So the niece has taken more of an interest in this silly old game recently, and shown an interest in coming to Manchester for the Europeans. I need to find a deck that’s simple to play yet still somewhat competitive, especially with respect to the dilemma pile. Thoughts?
Brianna has been playing a TOS solver with a Legacy pile that she's had some success with. You could do a lot worse than starting there.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've never taught the game to a 10-year old, but if I did, I'd start them on Old Men and Women TNG. Bonus, it has a lot of women personnel -- go, go girl power! TOS is a good option, but a lot of the cards have extra gametext that might need too much reading and thinking. Small, simple, and cheap is where I'd start.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:I've never taught the game to a 10-year old, but if I did, I'd start them on Old Men and Women TNG. Bonus, it has a lot of women personnel -- go, go girl power! TOS is a good option, but a lot of the cards have extra gametext that might need too much reading and thinking. Small, simple, and cheap is where I'd start.
You're still salty even after all of these years!

TK
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Years ago, Jared Hoffman made a basic TNG solver for his son. No events or interrupts, this was built on efficiency and he was able to get his head around it. I don't know much more about ti beyond the fact that it included Troi and Data.

DQ Klingons might be a good way to go initially. Stick with the simpler ones and build up the case with vanilla personnel. You'll probably want to gear her towards Khan eventually, but that's not really new player friendly. The closest analogue would be Borg Dissidents, but that's not great for new players either.

In short, some sort of quick, basic solver.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

You can also click on the tournament results and t[…]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]