Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Call "stalling" and assign Turn Loss as the appropriate penalty.

IMO, anyway. May not be the ideal way to enforce a shot clock, but seems to be the only way provided for within the strictures of the OPG's tight definition of "Slipstream Format."

I know John thinks shame'll do it, and shame is a powerful, powerful tool, but you still need other tools or this will happen from time to time.
Why does everybody think/operate like it's the early 2000s?

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote: Even if it is uncommon, a turn 2 or even turn 1 attempt is possible in normal games. This bypasses that advantage. Going 1st vs 2nd disadvantage is amplified because one player won't have a chance to play any counter cards, dilemma support, etc. If 21 counters saved a lot of time, I wouldn't mind. But in practice this seems like it wouldn't matter much, while making a couple cards perform differently.
Now you're just being difficult. Trust the process.
If you could make a good argument for it, I'd be open to it. "I tried it, and it seemed OK" followed by cliches is unconvincing.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote: If you could make a good argument for it, I'd be open to it. "I tried it, and it seemed OK" followed by cliches is unconvincing.
Oh, I can give you the hard sell on Threshold and whore it up. I was going with the soft sell.

Slipstream is hot garbage, Threshold is the shit. Try it, then bash it on your Cobra Kai dojo show.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:
I've played against some pretty offensive players back in my 1E days, but NEVER against anyone that would really do that.
I had to play in Florida once where some jerk spilled soda on me. :shifty:
I guess you were John the Baptized rather than John the Baptist.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote:
KillerB wrote:
T-Ricks wrote:
I've played against some pretty offensive players back in my 1E days, but NEVER against anyone that would really do that.
I had to play in Florida once where some jerk spilled soda on me. :shifty:
I guess you were John the Baptized rather than John the Baptist.
I believe I was Johnny Champion at the end of that day.

Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Resistance-is-futile wrote:Slipstream constructed can generate degenerate decks if people are savvy deck builders

Sealed slip stream is the way to go in the current format or use agreed upon gentleman’s agreement
Not to use certain cards
we give up too easily. There are about two slipstream tournaments a year. Part of the degenerate nature is that people play, lose to something broken and then don't think about it for another year. If they had to play it next week, they'd have a plan.

And if they can't make a plan because something if truly broken, then I want to hear about it in this thread. Tell me exactly what cards are the problem.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]