Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I played 2E between 2008-2015. Never top tier. But during most of that period the best players around the world would come to Gen Con to play Worlds, until TCC made the decision to move Worlds around the world. I believe those years and probably a few years before 2008 were the glory years.

In my opinion, I believe the best North American players (in no particular order) were:

1. Neil Timmons
2. Caleb Grace
3. Mike Harrington
4. TK Kamira
5. John Corbett
6. Ben Hosp
7. Peterson
8. MvB
9. Kevin Jaeger
10. Nate Weininger

Just going down memory lane.

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Big Borg wrote:Never top tier.
You're robbing my of my greatest accomplishments, training you and Alex to multiple GenCon Day 2/3's.
And I appreciate that. My best year was 2015. I was a semi-finalist at Continentals.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
The 10 Greatest GenCon Players of All-time (from my experience, in no particular order):

Josh Sheets
Caleb Grace
Mike Harrington
Neil Timmons
BenHosp
Geoffery Peterson
Justin Hoffman
MVB
Will Hoskin
Nick and James morphed into a British Tuvix :wink:

And there's probably a few old school names that deserve honorable mentions. Beal, Ehret, Kuck, Minott, Schmitz...
Last edited by KillerB on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Big Borg wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Big Borg wrote:Never top tier.
You're robbing my of my greatest accomplishments, training you and Alex to multiple GenCon Day 2/3's.
And I appreciate that. My best year was 2015. I was a semi-finalist at Continentals.
You and Alex were "Money Players" (well, at least we got Decipher Dollars), don't sell your nerd careers short.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:The 10 Greatest GenCon Players of All-time (from my experience, in no particular order):

Josh Sheets
Caleb Grace
Mike Harrington
Neil Timmons
BenHosp
Geoffery Peterson
Justin Hoffman
MVB
Will Hoskin
Nick and James morphed into a British Tuvix :wink:

And there's probably a few old school names that deserve honorable mentions. Beal, Ehret, Kuck, Minott, Schmitz...

.... :?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote:

.... :?
I'm sure I forgot a plenty of names. I don't think we matched up ever at GenCon.

Have you blocked Worlds 2005 from your memory? Maybe you did since that was the year of the Pulsforts demonstrating that us dumb Americans don't know how to really break the game.

If you're going by your personal experience I can see it, but I still made 5 straight Worlds day 3s (2004-2008) so that's not nothing.

But before you ran into that buzzsaw we had an epic 3 game match that ended with me one Secret Conspiracy short of knocking you off.

That said, you're right in one way: our most epic clashes were at Origins. (Smoke Machine, Double Cluttering Triple Play, 8-1 payoff... :wink: )

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
Have you blocked Worlds 2005 from your memory?

But before you ran into that buzzsaw we had an epic 3 game match that ended with me one Secret Conspiracy short of knocking you off.
Yes.

I forgot that match was GenCon, I apologize. That bad luck on your part (facing a [Car] that had plenty of Treachery, which was rare back then) is as bad as mine last year when Steve Nelson had the cheat code ( [Baj] Azzeani Massari, whatever her name is) against my 8472.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0