Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Shocking Revelation is a fun card. Dusting it off for the 'completely illegal playtest tournament' I remembered using it against Connor our first Terra Prime test game.

(Racist Terra Prime) [SF] Fek\'lhr, who showed up at Earth (spoiler) via Deuterium Plunderers (another fun card), is the leader in the clubhouse.

I challenge someone to beat that.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Naetor wrote:I played a game where I went first and my opponent played Shankar on his turn. That was pretty epic! Am I doing this right?
Oh, so you've met Neil?

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:I played a game where I went first and my opponent played Shankar on his turn. That was pretty epic! Am I doing this right?
TCM1

Round 1- Neil Timmons goes first

Plays Shankar turn 1.

Round 2- Steve Nelson goes first

Plays Shankar turn 1.

I won both of those games. Mod wins I think. The rest of the event (including the bruised rib at halftime) did not go well.

But yes, you're doing it wrong.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
But yes, you're doing it wrong.
That same game I couldn't put 1 dilemma under in my first 5 mission attempts. If the game was 12 hours I'd never have solved all my missions. High-level 2e is merciless.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Stop bashing online-play ;) . Without it, I would practically play never... If you think the field is so lame, spice it up with your presence...
That same game I couldn't put 1 dilemma under in my first 5 mission attempts. If the game was 12 hours I'd never have solved all my missions. High-level 2e is merciless.
Had a tough experience against Maquis-DMZ/Event/InfluencePatternLoss recently, too. Without massive event destruction it can stall you to death, so I learned. I admire the ingenuity of that design, aber Spaß sieht anders aus :) .
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Stop bashing online-play ;) . Without it, I would practically play never... If you think the field is so lame, spice it up with your presence...
He won't. Insert typical excuses here.

TK
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:At least I didn't have to make up a game mode because me and my buddies couldn't win post-Tragic nerf.
Savage.

TK

By ntimmons (Neil Timmons)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sorry... someone rang? :)

honestly, I haven't had Shakar in a deck in forever, and before that one day, I don't think I ever did before... 3 DMZ missions is just... rough.

I don't play online play not because I don't like it.. but for some reason we can't schedule "US only" tournaments. It's not that I don't like The Germans.. I do.. I like a lot of them a lot actually.. (yes.. you brits and Scots are in my clubhouse as well.. don't get butt-hurt) but having to get up at 5:00am to play a game.. or stay up to play at 11:00pm.. or take a 2 hour lunch to play in the middle of the day... I can't do it.. more to the point, I don't want to do it. so.. unless we can schedule "US only" which I haven't seen... then I'm out.

Also, this week in Atlanta, YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN!!!!

cheers!
Neil

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
ntimmons wrote:sorry... someone rang? :)

honestly, I haven't had Shakar in a deck in forever, and before that one day, I don't think I ever did before... 3 DMZ missions is just... rough.
If by "Forever" you mean "December 16, 2018" then sure.

The Basement remembers...

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]