Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
It's a new Regional season, and it's time for a new predictions competition. Unlike last year, we're guessing who will be the Most Improved player by rating after the Regional. Just like previous years, the winner will get an Ambassador Foil, guesses need to be made before the day of the event, and non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11072
Online Hall of Fame Regional: Online, The Information Superhighway
Last Year's Attendance: 4 Players
Last Year's Winner: Michael Van Breemen
Preregistered This Year: Michael Van Breemen (1963), Jon Carter (1743), Austin Chandler (1597), Bruce Parrish (1475)
My Prediction: I don't think the ratings gap between Carter and MVB is big enough to not pick MVB.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11006
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11009
Austrian Regional and National Championships: Wein, Austria
Last Year's Attendance: 6 Players / 9 Players
Last Year's Winner: Michael Albrecht / Stefan Slaby
Preregistered This Year: Michael Albrecht (1696), Julius Melhardt (1674), Josef Lemberger (1599), Nerdopolis Prime (1568)
My Prediction: I think Michael Albrecht is in a good position to defend his title for the Regional, but then Julius will strike back for the Nationals.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Hmmmm, I'm going to go with Josef on this one for both.

Oh, and Austin for the online Regional.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Online: MVB.

Austrian Regional: Albrecht

Austrian National: Julius
Online: Greg Dillon and Kris Sonsteby decided to jump into the online fray. I'll double down on Defending World Champion Greg "The Thunder from Down Under" Dillon to pull a move on one of the big dogs and cash in some serious ratings upside.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Armus wrote:
Armus wrote:Online: MVB.

Austrian Regional: Albrecht

Austrian National: Julius
Online: Greg Dillon and Kris Sonsteby decided to jump into the online fray. I'll double down on Defending World Champion Greg "The Thunder from Down Under" Dillon to pull a move on one of the big dogs and cash in some serious ratings upside.
I've got a pretty high rating already that's at least 100 above what it should be tbh.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Stefan Slaby won the Regional, but he caught a loss along the way, meaning Josef Lemberger with a whopping +63 is your big gainer.

In the Austrian National, Nerdopolis Prime came out on top of a giant slog of players to both win the championship and cash in a monster +61 ratings gain despite taking a loss along the way.

Congrats to Slaby, Josef, and Nerdo! :cheersL:

The online Regional just started round 2 (of 4). I'll post the final results once it wraps up.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Closing the loop on the online tournament, Jon Carter went 3-1 and had the tiebreakers to edge out Kris Sonsteby and MVB on tiebreakers and netting a +31 ratings gain in the prime.

However, the big gainer was 4th place Bruce Parrish, whose 2-2 performance included a win over current world champ Greg Dillon and was good enough to net him a +33 ratings gain!

Congrats to Jon and Bruce on their performances! :cheersL:
HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35