Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
StateofSTCCG wrote:Why not just make some new HQ's with [Vid] [Vul] [Hir] ? You guys already make how many different copies of each show's bridge crew how many different times? Sorry but to me it's very boring. The game needs something spicy. :twocents:
I'm all for making the DQ affiliations from 1E Voyager into proper 2E affiliations -- make their interesting flavor into actually usable game concepts instead of just breaking the game like crazy as they did in 1E for a time.

But I also want to see new versions of Kirk and Co. from time to time. Those are the public faces of Star Trek and we wouldn't have any of this without them.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Neelix wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:Why not just make some new HQ's with [Vid] [Vul] [Hir] ? You guys already make how many different copies of each show's bridge crew how many different times? Sorry but to me it's very boring. The game needs something spicy. :twocents:
I'm all for making the DQ affiliations from 1E Voyager into proper 2E affiliations -- make their interesting flavor into actually usable game concepts instead of just breaking the game like crazy as they did in 1E for a time.

But I also want to see new versions of Kirk and Co. from time to time. Those are the public faces of Star Trek and we wouldn't have any of this without them.

Having 8 James T. Kirk's isn't enough? How many Kira's are there in 2E? I Lost count after 15. :thumbsdown:

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
Ideas I've kicked around for a while or would love to see (because I believe they could all add something to the game - some a little, some a lot!):

[Dom] Cardassia; [Car] / [Rom] Intelligence HQ; [Hir] ; [Kaz] ; [Vid] ; [Vul]
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Faithful Reader wrote:Last winter, with the release of Shattered Mirror, the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance became a stand along faction with a Headquarters, support cards and a whole lot of swag. There was a section in the Affiliation HQ and everything.

Looking ahead to the Terra prime faction, internal discussions seem to consider it more along the lines of the sub-HQs, for lack of a better term. It has a bona fide HQ of its own, but functions is more of a subset of Earth, Humanity's Home in terms of cards that can report to it. Think more of Bajor, Blessed by the Prophets. There's a restriction on the cards you can play there, but you get a benefit if you do so. Don't worry, there's a lot there to support this new faction.

What do you think about about these sub HQs? How are they conceptually? Which existing affiliations would you like to see use them in the future? Most importantly, what's your favorite and why?
Bajor, Terok Nor is just a dual-HQ in one card rather than a proper affiliation/faction. KCA decks don't really do their own thing it's generally just a Cardassian deck or a Klingon deck with barely a handful of other non- [NA] personnel splashed in. It's kind of like Grid 296 which doesn't really bring anything to Hologram decks outside of letting you use the Revised peeps with [TNG] holograms, I think it was made because of the Athos IV errata?

It's difficult to respond to Sub-HQs in regards to Terra Prime obviously but if you mean the neuHQs. The Dominion one is great but point loss is a tricky thing to keep balanced, I don't like Bajorans but the HQ is sort of interesting, Romulan eh. I don't think existing affiliations necessarily need them, it's like the discussion with adding new affiliations, Hirogen, etc. if there is an interesting/unique idea then try it but forcing it just to do it is a super bad idea.

By MvComedy
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
First of all, I don't necessarily want new affiliations with their own templates in 2E. That said, the Khazon, Vidiians, Hirogen, Vulcans, and Xindi all played important roles in their respective series and have been left out of 2E simply because Decipher could not decide how to introduce them, and that has carried all the way to present. If new HQs are the answer to bringing those groups into the game, I'm for it, as long as they bring something interesting to the table and can stand on their own. For the [DQ] species, since as far as I can remember we never saw any of their homeworlds onscreen, my approach would be to make them [NA] and have a single headquarters mission at which only those species could play, but that's just one option.

[TE] could be interesting as a [TOS] [AU]/ [SF] [AU] alliance theme with a headquarters, albeit an anachronistic one. But that might be hard to do now since both those groups already exist in the game in their own spaces.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]