Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I think the stats on his page speak for themselves. :thumbsdown:
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Love his skills. Attempting a 40 point mission with Enterprise J he is +1. Can bump his cunning and /or strength with commodities. You can have three of him and get the draw 3 times. What is not to like in the proper deck :cheersL:

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Danny wrote:I think the stats on his page speak for themselves. :thumbsdown:
+1

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If he had a 6 in any attribute, he'd probably see some play. You usually need some gametext reason to include 5s in your deck. Even more so for [NA]. His just makes him a warm body.

Would see play in a [NA] friendly commodities deck.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:If he had a 6 in any attribute, he'd probably see some play. You usually need some gametext reason to include 5s in your deck. Even more so for [NA]. His just makes him a warm body.

Also, hand-reveals are a bigger cost than one might expect. An Infinite Combinations that your opponent knows about is much weaker than one they don't know about.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
Naetor wrote:If he had a 6 in any attribute, he'd probably see some play. You usually need some gametext reason to include 5s in your deck. Even more so for [NA]. His just makes him a warm body.

Also, hand-reveals are a bigger cost than one might expect. An Infinite Combinations that your opponent knows about is much weaker than one they don't know about.
Yeah, you wouldn't want to include him in any deck that relies on interrupts -- the more secretive their success, the worse Yranac would be.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I've often considered using him with Gather Information, since he fulfills the Acquisition and Yridian requirements. I figure Exobiology and Treachery show up together fairly often, so the requirements shouldn't be that difficult. But the only other Yridian in the game is Jaglom Shrek, and he has none of the relevant skills and worse attributes. So I figure I need to have some Anthropology as a back-up, which kinda defeats the point of doing the species thing.

tl;dr Nope.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
He's fun, but his one benefit of card draw ended up with two drawbacks of low attributes AND the hand reveal. If he had low attributes but let you draw cards he'd be great. If he had average attributes and let you draw cards but made you reveal your hand, he'd be ok. As it is, with 2 drawbacks and only 1 benefit, he's NOT great.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For a speed weenie deck he looks fine to me, in other decks it situational, if you are down to 1 or 2 cards, I would be fine playing him revealing my non-existent hand then drawing
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Naetor wrote:Can you reveal an empty hand?
I believe you can.

-crp

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]