Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
I can see I haven’t explained myself well enough. Imagine a jem’hadar at Templar prime situation, I have TCS so they will have at least 48 strength when they only need 31. Now imagine later in the game when they have lots more
jem'hadar. Attempts with 70+ strength. Mission skills in many multiple.

(For the sake of the thought exercise, ignore insurrection, and ignore characteristics of the jem’hadar, this could be sword Klingons at IAP or power shifted romulans at the cunning > 28 mission)

So with this scenario, where you have no hope of taking out mission skills and you want to stop the high attribute horde multiple times... bouncy attrition (so you always start with very few under) or skill lockout using e.g. dig/wit?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Fritzinger wrote:I can see I haven’t explained myself well enough. Imagine a jem’hadar at Templar prime situation, I have TCS so they will have at least 48 strength when they only need 31. Now imagine later in the game when they have lots more
jem'hadar. Attempts with 70+ strength. Mission skills in many multiple.

(For the sake of the thought exercise, ignore insurrection, and ignore characteristics of the jem’hadar, this could be sword Klingons at IAP or power shifted romulans at the cunning > 28 mission)

So with this scenario, where you have no hope of taking out mission skills and you want to stop the high attribute horde multiple times... bouncy attrition (so you always start with very few under) or skill lockout using e.g. dig/wit?
In the above scenario (70+ strength (9 Jem'Hadar?), but they only need 31 (4 Jem'Hadar?)), if I had to pick one (either 'bouncy attrition' or 'skill lockout'), I'd go with the latter.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:That sounds like you might have something else in mind. What other thoughts can you share ... is "both" an option? Or do you have something else up your sleeve?
I was thinking about saying "Why not both?", but then I thought, (in this example) if you're trying to stop 6 Jemmies (out of 9, because 4 is enough to solve) using bouncing attrition, then you're going have a tough time. Better to use skill lockout and all-stop walls, no?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
If you're dealing in hypotheticals...
Fritzinger wrote:Now that I think about it, I have a good answer to why both... Bouncy attrition is probably better against BoT and Central command?
Plenty of prevention.
Fritzinger wrote:... Hmm but then again not against chuckles or chancellors.
Lethal Wound
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote:... Hmm but then again not against chuckles or chancellors.
That’s when you go with TT + the “do or die” dilemmas. You can’t Chucklehead your way out of TT + Triage or similar.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're right: […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]