Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
It's a new Regional season, and it's time for a new predictions competition. Unlike last year, we're guessing who will be the Most Improved player by rating after the Regional. Just like previous years, the winner will get an Ambassador Foil, guesses need to be made before the day of the event, and non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11063
Virginia Regional: Manassas, VA
Last Year's Attendance: 8 Players
Last Year's Winner: Phil Schrader
Preregistered This Year: Phil Schrader (1777), Ben Hosp (1700), Austin Chandler (1597)
My Prediction: After a roaring start in this year's online regional, I'm picking Austin Chandler.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10967
Chicago Regional: Chicago, IL
Last Year's Attendance: 7 Players
Last Year's Winner: Steve Nelson
Preregistered This Year: Maggie Geppert (1698), Brian Leonard (1372)
My Prediction: Our chairperson, Maggie Geppert, will assimilate those ratings points. Not your personnel though, she's not a monster.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10932
German National Championships: Kassel, Germany
Last Year's Attendance: 4 Players
Last Year's Winner: Benjamin Liebich
Preregistered This Year: Sascha Kiefer (1807), Benjamin Liebich (1642), Johannes Mette (1638), Matthias Weller (1625), Tjark Ott (1594), Thorsten Wanek (1571), Philipp Scholz (1543), Markus Eberlein (1432), Thomas Weidemann (1303), Carsten Weller (1228)
My Prediction: As usual, with Germany I'll need to break out the random number generator because everyone is so close in skill. I'm picking... Tjark Ott.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Fair warning: the Chicago 2E Regional will probably be rescheduled due to a number of schedule conflicts that recently came to light.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
VA: Phil

Chicago: VOID

Germany: Lots of surprise outcomes this year. Let's go with Matthias Weller to pull a move this weekend.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
First things first: Congrats to Big Ben Liebich on the Nationals win! :cheersL:

As for the correct answers this week, Johannes Mette was the big gainer at German Nationals with a +40, just edging out Ben and Carsten Weller, who despite going 2-3, knocked off a couple of big dogs and still netted a +37 Ratings Point change, which was more than the champ, who checked in with a +34 on the day.

Meanwhile in Virginia, it was a straightforward affair, as Phil Schrader stole one point from BenHosp and 20 from Austin to win the Club Manassters (not actually) fake Regional and walk away with a +21 game.

Congrats to Phil and Johannes for being this week's correct answers! :cheersL:

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]