Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Was it ever considered to have Paul Mayweather be Commander: Modular Transport, or to make the Modular Transport unique and called E.C.S. Horizon, or did you just say "Ah, screw it - more broken links!"? :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
MattgomeryScott wrote:What's the timing with Lily's ability? If you use it three times on the same ship, doesn't it blow up before the dilemma, let alone the mission, can be completed, taking Lily and everyone else with it?

I feel like I'm missing something.

EDIT: Okay, just realised what I missed was that Lily doesn't actually need to be on the ship she's placing damage markers on, and the ship doesn't have to be the one attempting the mission. So could just use a disposable shuttlecraft for her ability and it would still work! :shifty:

I should build a deck using her and Matthew Dougherty. Put two damage markers on an Excelsior, then destroy it next turn for attributes. It'd probably be terrible, but it'd be cool! -nm

Also, Resilience can increase the number of markers you can put on a ship, and Defiant, Enduring Defender can take another hit too. Realistically, most of the time she's limited to doing it twice, but the printed limit allows future design teams to make a card that removes damage mid-attempt without creating a broken combo with Lily.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott
Thank you both. Between that and me rereading the card, it makes a bit more sense now! :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Was a Pack Art developed for this expansion similar to previous sets?

Also, is there a cover page for the pdf expansion similar to previous sets? The cover page usually gives a brief description of the set as well as a listing of the cards in the set.

I'll post more information on this later, but those elements are not included in the initial release of this specific product nor will it be expected in the immediate future. - Ross

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
harry696 wrote:Was a Pack Art developed for this expansion similar to previous sets?

Also, is there a cover page for the pdf expansion similar to previous sets? The cover page usually gives a brief description of the set as well as a listing of the cards in the set.

I'll post more information on this later, but those elements are not included in the initial release of this specific product nor will it be expected in the immediate future. - Ross
Is that answer the exception or the new rule?

Gotta say, if The Cage has pack art and cover page, this is gonna look real shady...

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Was it ever considered to have Paul Mayweather be Commander: Modular Transport, or to make the Modular Transport unique and called E.C.S. Horizon, or did you just say "Ah, screw it - more broken links!"? :wink:
Nope, more broken links was always the plan. Corbett wanted to leave his baseball behind.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
harry696 wrote:Was a Pack Art developed for this expansion similar to previous sets?
No. I will no longer be working on cover sheets and pack art for The Continuing Committee.

The hours of work was taken for granted and I've decided that my design time is more valuable and appreciated with other hobbies/freelance work I enjoy.

I reached out to the Art Team in January to find/recruit/train a replacement and there was no interest in the project.

Johnny
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jjh wrote:No. I will no longer be working on cover sheets and pack art for The Continuing Committee.

The hours of work was taken for granted and I've decided that my design time is more valuable and appreciated with other hobbies/freelance work I enjoy.
I think it's fine that the CC is no longer producing cover sheets / pack art (and it seems like front page news splash pics as well?) -- but what can I, James Heaney, do to make you feel appreciated and valuable and not taken for granted in general?

Your work and the work of the Art Team on card production (as well as expansion icons) is much appreciated, invaluable, and never taken for granted. I don't understand your team's internal process, since it's segregated from the rest of the design & production process, but I'm still always thinking about Art, and I want to make sure that you and the other Artisans know that.
Armus wrote: Gotta say, if The Cage has pack art and cover page, this is gonna look real shady...
EDIT: Just to clarify, The Cage does not have pack art and cover page. The 1E Assistant Designers have known this for... I want to say a month or two, but this is the first time its come up in public.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
jjh wrote:No. I will no longer be working on cover sheets and pack art for The Continuing Committee.

I think it's fine that the CC is no longer producing cover sheets / pack art (and it seems like front page news splash pics as well?) --
but what can I, James Heaney, do to make you feel appreciated and valuable and not taken for granted in general?
Your work and the work of the Art Team on card production (as well as expansion icons) is much appreciated, invaluable, and never taken for granted. I don't understand your team's internal process, since it's segregated from the rest of the design & production process, but I'm still always thinking about Art, and I want to make sure that you and the other Artisans know that.
Armus wrote: Gotta say, if The Cage has pack art and cover page, this is gonna look real shady...
EDIT: Just to clarify, The Cage does not have pack art and cover page. The 1E Assistant Designers have known this for... I want to say a month or two, but this is the first time its come up in public.
Thanks, James! I was trying to post some love in here without sounding like I was just pandering; or like I was simply copy/pasting platitudes. Love the work art does!

By Nerdopolis Prime (Nerdopolis Prime)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Wait a minute ... Where is card number 27???
Mars.
MattgomeryScott wrote:
Nerdopolis Prime wrote:Wait a minute ... Where is card number 27???
Double sided card means you have to print both sides. Therefore, 26 cards (1 double sided.)

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Ah, I see. Thank you Guys :thumbsup:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
jjh wrote:
No. I will no longer be working on cover sheets and pack art for The Continuing Committee.

I reached out to the Art Team in January to find/recruit/train a replacement and there was no interest in the project.

Johnny
Buddy all you had to say was “I don’t want to anymore”. It goes without saying (or should) that no one appreciates anything anyone does around here.

That’s why I keep coming back to this garbage community; the constant bickering makes me feel like my dead grandparents are still alive.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I noticed a change in Kuiper Belt - Expand Power between the spoiler version and the final release version.
Attachments:
STVE-EN48008 release.jpg
STVE-EN48008 release.jpg (152.67 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
STVE-EN48008 spoiler.jpg
STVE-EN48008 spoiler.jpg (154.27 KiB) Viewed 1027 times

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]