Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:#VoyagerisBestSeries
I’ll say this for it, the Fish Sex episode is actually pretty good.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
No. No it’s not.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Cmdr Xym (Joseph Bazemore)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
Marquetry wrote:#VoyagerisBestSeries
I’ll say this for it, the Fish Sex episode is actually pretty good.
Can't decide which of these two statements is the less crazy one.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So... I was brainstorming about some two-sided ideas, and I have some questions about how things do/may work --with the understanding that these rules aren't set in stone yet. Just some things to think about going forward:

Consider a non-HQ flippable mission:

1) You solve side 1, when you flip to side 2... does it count that you completed side 1, ie would you not be unable to solve side 2?

2) You solve side 1... let's say it's a space mission. Does it count as having solved a space mission for planet + space + 100 points = win?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Naetor wrote:1) You solve side 1, when you flip to side 2... does it count that you completed side 1, ie would you not be unable to solve side 2?
The mission would still be completed, which means you would not be able to attempt side 2. On the other hand, it also means you still command that completed mission, which is important for your next question.
Naetor wrote:2) You solve side 1... let's say it's a space mission. Does it count as having solved a space mission for planet + space + 100 points = win?
The victory conditions don't actually check to see if you have completed a planet mission and a space mission, they check to see if you command a completed planet mission and a completed space mission. In other words, it doesn't matter what the mission was when you completed it, only what the mission is now.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:
Naetor wrote:1) You solve side 1, when you flip to side 2... does it count that you completed side 1, ie would you not be unable to solve side 2?
The mission would still be completed, which means you would not be able to attempt side 2. On the other hand, it also means you still command that completed mission, which is important for your next question.
Naetor wrote:2) You solve side 1... let's say it's a space mission. Does it count as having solved a space mission for planet + space + 100 points = win?
The victory conditions don't actually check to see if you have completed a planet mission and a space mission, they check to see if you command a completed planet mission and a completed space mission. In other words, it doesn't matter what the mission was when you completed it, only what the mission is now.
[P] •Genesis Planet
[AQ] 35
Geology, Cunning>42 and (Biology, 2 Exobiology and 2 Science or 2 Security, Transporters and 2 Treachery)
Order - If this mission is completed, lose 5 points to make this a space mission. Kill all personnel (and destroy all equipment) on this mission.
Mutara sector: "Look around you! The planet's destroying itself!"
Any affiliation may attempt this mission.
Span 4
11 P 14
Now, side one just has requirements and order - lose 5 points to flip this mission.
Side 2 would now be a space mission, with the gametext of "any personnel here not aboard ships are killed. Discard any equipment here that is not aboard a ship." No way to solve it, just the results of the flip.
That wording probably isn't exact but you get the idea.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That is an elegant way of handling Genesis Planet and I love it. Wish Decipher had done it back in the day, makes it easy to retain the game state of the mission

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:That is an elegant way of handling Genesis Planet and I love it. Wish Decipher had done it back in the day, makes it easy to retain the game state of the mission
You just liked a John Corbett idea (Mogor gets launched into the sky Team Rocket style) looks like Mogor is blasting off agaaaiiinnnnn....

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
Mogor wrote:That is an elegant way of handling Genesis Planet and I love it. Wish Decipher had done it back in the day, makes it easy to retain the game state of the mission
You just liked a John Corbett idea (Mogor gets launched into the sky Team Rocket style) looks like Mogor is blasting off agaaaiiinnnnn....
I have liked his idea's in the past, and I'm sure I like them in the future. I detest his personal style online and think that his personal conduct is more worthy of the cave man era then modern society

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
... There is a series of old Car insurance commercials and a short lived sitcom that take offense to that statement.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0