Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So we now have this new template for flipped missions. I like the possibilities, but at its core I don't see the difference between Luna/Mars and Advanced Battle Simulation besides the switch in card titles (which doesn't seem relevant at the moment). I guess one is a HQ, but that could have been single-sided and just read: If command a complete mission,... [side 2].

I suppose I would have expected the flipped sides to each have something the other side could not do. You can do everything on side 1 when you are on side 2.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:I suppose I would have expected the flipped sides to each have something the other side could not do. You can do everything on side 1 when you are on side 2.
Not quite everything. Once you flip to side 2, you lose the ability to play Homicidal Expedient
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Maelwys wrote:
Naetor wrote:I suppose I would have expected the flipped sides to each have something the other side could not do. You can do everything on side 1 when you are on side 2.
Not quite everything. Once you flip to side 2, you lose the ability to play Homicidal Expedient
And if you want 48 V 4, you better have 48 V 25.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
There were other cards pitched that required you to “command Luna”. But they got cut. We thought losing the use of your Amanda was enough of a price to pay for flipping to Mars.

(One of the cards that got cut was a cost reducer that I pitched because I forgot that The New Resistance exists.)

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:So we now have this new template for flipped missions. I like the possibilities, but at its core I don't see the difference between Luna/Mars and Advanced Battle Simulation besides the switch in card titles (which doesn't seem relevant at the moment). I guess one is a HQ, but that could have been single-sided and just read: If command a complete mission,... [side 2].

I suppose I would have expected the flipped sides to each have something the other side could not do. You can do everything on side 1 when you are on side 2.
You hate this set so far so just be glad we wasted a card slot on this instead of making a 27th card that you’d have also hated.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
Naetor wrote:So we now have this new template for flipped missions. I like the possibilities, but at its core I don't see the difference between Luna/Mars and Advanced Battle Simulation besides the switch in card titles (which doesn't seem relevant at the moment). I guess one is a HQ, but that could have been single-sided and just read: If command a complete mission,... [side 2].

You hate this set so far so just be glad we wasted a card slot on this instead of making a 27th card that you’d have also hated.
Thank you for designing less cards. Hopefully you will design less cards in the future. :P

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote: Thank you for designing less cards. Hopefully you will design less cards in the future. :P
Fewer.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]