Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Modular Transport
[SF] 3 Modular Transport
[Stf] [Stf]
[Pa] J Class
When your non-unique Human aboard this ship is killed by a dilemma, if you do not command a [SF] Officer personnel, you may place a non-unique Human from hand aboard this ship. That personnel joins the mission attempt.
Privately-owned freighter licensed by the Earth Cargo Authority. Rumor has it Zefram Cochrane signed the inside of each ship's reactor casing.
Range 5 Weapons 4 Shields 5
I think positives and negatives on cards are incredibly subjective, as one person's pro ("Nice! A cheap ship") is another person's con ("Ugh - total Rush Job fodder."). So, with that cop out established, let's move on.

Something to note, it's the first non- [AU] [SF] ship to require more than one staffing icon (finally, those numerous ensigns can be put to work).

However, that's not the most interesting thing, as that would be its game text.

So, when a non-unique Human aboard dies at a dilemma's hand, providing you don't command a Starfleet Officer, someone similar can come from your hand to take their place, mid attempt. Interestingly, this isn't confined to Starfleet humans (so, Khan's GE buddies are fair game), nor does it matter if the incoming personnel has Officer (especially as, if they're not Starfleet, the game text will continue to trigger).

This looks to be designed with Racist Starfleet in mind: we've yet to see a Starfleet Dissident with Officer; it thematically only brings in (and triggers with) Humans; and its small range seems perfect for pootling around Sector 001. This aside, it might also work well with MACOs, as half are non-unique, the majority are Silver Star, and they're 100% Human (assuming you don't get the only MACO with Officer out).

As the primary ship for a Terra Prime/MACO deck, 9/10. For other Starfleet decks, 6/10.

Also, where's Pat?

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
Naetor wrote:The biggest thing is that it is 3 cost, meaning you can play this ship as your 2nd ship, and 2x Precise/Point Blank on the same turn. So a player can go from appearing pretty safe to Gomtuu and dead in 1 turn.
That’s hardly a new concept, just look at Wrath of the Constitution from over 10 years ago

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pschrader wrote:
Naetor wrote:The biggest thing is that it is 3 cost, meaning you can play this ship as your 2nd ship, and 2x Precise/Point Blank on the same turn. So a player can go from appearing pretty safe to Gomtuu and dead in 1 turn.
That’s hardly a new concept, just look at Wrath of the Constitution from over 10 years ago
Also there's ships big enough to take a Gomtuu on the chin and still have enough shields to duck weenie ship battle.

It's Prefix Codes that you have to watch out for but that's at least balanced by the fact that your opponent needs to combo it with something else to actually stop you.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pschrader wrote:
Not saying it is. Just that's where it looks like this affiliation is heading: ship destruction+.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So far I have yet to see anything impressive about this new sub- [SF]. There has to be something worth talking about in the up coming days. I heard from my sources in the underground that they spent nearly 6 months making these cards and it still feels meh. I Still would rather see Xindi or [Hir] over this sub- [SF]. Let's hope this thing gets turned around. :cross:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:
pschrader wrote:
Not saying it is. Just that's where it looks like this affiliation is heading: ship destruction+.
Rather unfortunate that the more peacnik affilations or "weaker" ship groups get the best ship boom options

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Fritzinger wrote:Racist Starfleet, so named shall they be.
Personally I like Xenophobic Starfleet better.

Racist would include the race of humans (in the episodes we see multiple races work or support John Frederick Paxton.

Xenophobia is better as the term is typically used to denote a phobic attitude towards foreigners or strangers (racism can be xenophobic but it is specifically race-based).

As far as the ship, I agree it is a great way of getting Khan personnel into play since all have minimum Cunning and Strength of 7.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:Racist Starfleet, so named shall they be.
Personally I like Xenophobic Starfleet better.

Racist would include the race of humans (in the episodes we see multiple races work or support John Frederick Paxton.

Xenophobia is better as the term is typically used to denote a phobic attitude towards foreigners or strangers (racism can be xenophobic but it is specifically race-based).

As far as the ship, I agree it is a great way of getting Khan personnel into play since all have minimum Cunning and Strength of 7.
Azetbur called human chauvinism “racism”
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:Also, where's Pat?
For real, though, where is he?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Danny wrote:Also, where's Pat?
For real, though, where is he?
He last logged in April 3rd. Aside from that, no idea.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
No major forum controversies on April 3rd, were there? I remember when Wedge772 stopped logging in, you could trace it directly to the incident that occurred the day he last logged in (the CC announced its decision to let the disputed world championship stand). But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Hope he's okay. I don't play 2E, but Bortz was a fixed point of light in the CC Forum constellation.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]