Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
It's a new Regional season, and it's time for a new predictions competition. Unlike last year, we're guessing who will be the Most Improved player by rating after the Regional. Just like previous years, the winner will get an Ambassador Foil, guesses need to be made before the day of the event, and non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10967
Chicago Regional: Chicago, IL
Last Year's Attendance: 7 Players
Last Year's Winner: Steve Nelson
Preregistered This Year: Casey Wickum (1822), Maggie Geppert (1698), Eric Bieche (1477), Brian Leonard (1372)
My Prediction: This tournament is actually happening this week. Make a prediction again, otherwise I'll go back and count your prediction from last week. Our chairperson, Maggie Geppert, will assimilate those ratings points. Not your personnel though, she's not a monster.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10914
Massachusetts Regional: Acton, MA
Last Year's Attendance: 12 Players
Last Year's Winner: Matthew Zinno
Preregistered This Year: Lucas Thompson (1816), Chris O'Connell (1675), Amanda Thompson (1592), Bob Geis (1548), Cayenne Geis (1487), Chris Morse (1431). Attendees who have not registered include Steve Fairweather (1503) and Arthur Wright (1468)
My Prediction: Art's going to be a good pick for this one; he's only got two CC-era tournaments under his belt, but he's got years of Decipher-era experience behind him. I, however, am always going to pick Amanda Thompson.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10907
Washington Regional: Auburn, WA
Last Year's Attendance: 6 Players
Last Year's Winner: Michael Van Breemen
Preregistered This Year: Michael Van Breemen (1971), Amber Van Breemen (1733), Justin Ford (1676), Leianne (1251)
My Prediction: Justin's rating has crept way too low relative to his ability. This time, he's taking them back. He's taking them all back.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Chicago: Casey is usually my go to pick to win every time he plays, and I got mad respect for my fellow skill tracker. However, with this new contest format, the winner isn't necessarily in direct control of who's the big gainer. I think Eric Bieche has an opportunity to pull a move on somebody above him this week and cash in. I think even a 2-1 performance could be enough to put him over the top this week.

MA: I'm old enough to remember when I picked Bob Geis to win this gig last year. He didn't. However, I think he's better than his rating and has enough upside to justify another trip back to that well this year.

WA: MVB is at the point where winning doesn't move the needle much, and the WA crew knows him well enough that an upset isn't unrealistic. I don't see Tufts on the list, so I'm going to go with AVB to pull a move on her hubby and secure her Continentals bye - which she may do anyway even if MVB wins the day.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Al Schaefer is in Chicago, right? And he hasn't been winning as much so I'll pick him to hopefully show up and recover some lost points.

Bob Geis will show us all how ratings are driven by how much your name sounds like a 30rock character. I personally am anticipating that I'll gain very few rating points this season.

AVB will triumph over those other overrated clowns in ferenginar. World champions pshaw. :wink:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Armus wrote:Chicago: Casey is usually my go to pick to win every time he plays, and I got mad respect for my fellow skill tracker. However, with this new contest format, the winner isn't necessarily in direct control of who's the big gainer. I think Eric Bieche has an opportunity to pull a move on somebody above him this week and cash in. I think even a 2-1 performance could be enough to put him over the top this week.

MA: I'm old enough to remember when I picked Bob Geis to win this gig last year. He didn't. However, I think he's better than his rating and has enough upside to justify another trip back to that well this year.

WA: MVB is at the point where winning doesn't move the needle much, and the WA crew knows him well enough that an upset isn't unrealistic. I don't see Tufts on the list, so I'm going to go with AVB to pull a move on her hubby and secure her Continentals bye - which she may do anyway even if MVB wins the day.
FYI - she already has her Continental bye for her runner-up place at Worlds.

Michael,
wishing that she could come to Atlanta
MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]