Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Terra Prime Forever
[Evt] 2 •Terra Prime Forever
Paranoia. Plays on your Mars. While your [SF] Dissident personnel is facing a dilemma, if there are no non-Human personnel at a Region: Sector 001 mission, he or she is excluded from random selections.
"A new era is at hand, an era that will expose the concept of interspecies unity as an absolute and vicious lie ... As of this moment, mankind casts off the shackles of alien interference and now determines its own fate."
Positives:
  • As a Paranoia event, opens up the option for Starfleet to use The Big Picture, and play a cost reduced Shaken Confidence.
  • Once the conditions are met, excludes Dissident Starfleeters from random selections while facing dilemmas.
Negatives:
  • In order to play, requires that a mission be completed, meaning it can't be used on your first mission attempt.
  • Can only be played to Mars, meaning that once you're in a position to play it, you can no longer play cards requiring Luna (which at the moment is just Homicidal Expedient).
Things of note:
I know (think?) Ben said this
bhosp wrote:The theme of this expansion is John making a set on his way out that has everything he hates in it:

Starfleet!
Hero cards!
Almost a new card type!
A damn *team*, of all things!
in jest, but Sweet Jesus, if this doesn't feel super close to the truth with each card revealed, especially given this card's similarity to the same affiliation's other conditional excluder, Damaged Captain.

Still, it's a good card, and I think it's made better by not being completely bulletproof - it's an event, so totally destructible, you have to have completed a mission first, and it can be shut down with a single uncapturable, unkillable Dax sitting on a Sector 001 HQ. I like it, and look forward to other Luna/Mars/Dissident nonsense to come.

Final Score: 7.75 out of 10.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
If Dax is stopped (say from preventing a capture attempt on your opponent’s turn)... and your opponent attempt a second capture attempt on the same turn... am I correct she cannot use her ability because she is stopped.

What about a second battle attempt to kill her on the same turn?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Jono wrote:If Dax is stopped (say from preventing a capture attempt on your opponent’s turn)... and your opponent attempt a second capture attempt on the same turn... am I correct she cannot use her ability because she is stopped.
You are correct, although (off the top of my head) I'm not sure what non-dilemma capture tech Starfleet have access to, especially if she's kicking back on Luna/Mars (an HQ).
Jono wrote:What about a second battle attempt to kill her on the same turn?
Again, correct (she couldn't use her abilities). But, if you drop her off on Luna/Mars, then combat and engagements can't begin there anyway.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Jono wrote:What about a second battle attempt to kill her on the same turn?
Stopped personnel are not involved in combat, and combat-related kills/captures are typically (always, I think?) limited to personnel "involved." An assassin could do it, though, and the second kill/capture attempt would go through because the opponent could no longer pay the cost of stopping Jadzia to prevent it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]