Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Star-crossed
[D] 3 Star-crossed
Choose a personnel who has Engineer or a non-Human personnel to be stopped. If the opponent on your left commands three [SF] Dissident personnel, place this dilemma in your core. While you do not command a staffed ship at a Region: Sector 001 mission, subtract one from each Consume on each dilemma the opponent on your left owns.
"It's not worth it, Romeo. Juliet's in good hands."
Positives:
  • The stop's a choice, not random, so there's little getting round it.
  • In a Racist Starfleet deck, it's going into the core, so not going under.
  • Manage to get three in a core, and your Consume dilemmas that bounce (e.g. Final Adventure, Guillotine, Urgency, Zero Hour) become a little more jarring.

Negatives:
  • The stop's a choice, not random, so you're only ever going to stop a Marlon Rando.
  • Manage to get three in a core, and your dilemmas that feed on stuff going under (e.g. ACE, Artistic License) become a little tamer.
Things of note:
Not much, except that it looks like it'll have great synergy with Unsavory Customers (the other dilemma from ALPU) which could be something annoying.

Final Score: 8/10

As Armus said of Terra Prime Forever - "If this card puts more Fractured Time into decks, that's a win.". Similarly, if this get more people stocking Old Feelings, or fewer people running ACE piles, that's... something.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
This continues the recent history of dilemmas that have skill requirement, I suppose just so they avoid counters to non-skill dilemmas. Seems like you shouldn't get the bonus stop if you are also playing against racists, but whatever.

I don't think this will make people play less ACE, probably the opposite. This + ACE + Tragic seems like a good way to defend a planet mission.

I've always thought the game was 1 card away from making Zero Hour lockout a real thing, at least in a mid range meta. Maybe this is it.
Last edited by Naetor on Wed May 22, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Danny wrote:Similarly, if this get more people stocking Old Feelings, or fewer people running ACE piles, that's... something.
I will totally run 3 of this in an ACE pile because I make decks that don't work :P
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]