Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Mercer
[SF] 1 Mercer
[Pa] Human
•Exobiology •Medical
Dissident.
When your Paranoia event is about to be destroyed, you may kill this personnel to return that event to its owner's hand.
"I feel no differently about it than anyone else that I've treated."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 4
Things of note:

He's Starfleet's fourth Exo Med personnel (and their second non-unique one), so a couple of copies provide 60% of the skills to get past the ever popular Tsiolkovsky Infection. Although his INT and STR are 4, his CUN of 6 is playable.

I can't help but feel like he's been a little shortchanged; (at the time of writing) there are three other (=<) 1 cost, 1 keyword, 4/6/4 personnel with some game text.
Now, Quark does require a discard (so, he could be said to cost 2), but if one were to change the scope of comparison a little to 1 cost personnel with total attributes 14, Mercer still comes up short against folk like Dallan, Goval, and Temarek.

He's either a little underdone or a little over costed.

Final Score: In a Racist SF deck, where his game text can be used to stop your Terra Prime Forever from being destroyed, or be thrown under the Homicidal Expedient bus, he's a 7/10. In a regular SF deck, if you're just after someone to fill the Exo and/or Med gaps, it might be just worth just paying that 1 counter extra, and playing Errol or Nimira (better attributes, plenty of skills, and silver stars too), so a 5/10.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]