Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
A Less Perfect Union releases today! Let's talk about new cards!

Based on first impressions, what's your favorite card in ALPU?

What card in ALPU disappoints you the most? Why?

What do you think about the double-sided mission? Would you like to see more of them?

Do you plan to build a Starfleet Dissident deck? Are there any other decks you plan to build with cards from A Less Perfect Union?

If the Hulk fought Spider-man, who would win?

Anything else stand out to you from the expansion that you'd like to comment on?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:Are there any other decks you plan to build with cards from A Less Perfect Union?
I now want to make an "all the feds" deck with tos earth, ds9 and Luna for the Starfleet guys

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
GooeyChewie wrote:Based on first impressions, what's your favorite card in ALPU?
Cyrano Jones!
GooeyChewie wrote:What card in ALPU disappoints you the most? Why?
Vorik. As if Voyager didn't have enough cheaters, now they add a possible 9-11-11 dude and the possibility of microteaming to their bag of tricks.
GooeyChewie wrote:What do you think about the double-sided mission?
meh.
GooeyChewie wrote:Would you like to see more of them?
The concept is ok. Now let's actually do something with it.
GooeyChewie wrote:Do you plan to build a Starfleet Dissident deck?
Nope. Fuck Starfleet!
GooeyChewie wrote:Are there any other decks you plan to build with cards from A Less Perfect Union?
Cyrano Jones will make an appearance in my Smuggler/Thief deck.
GooeyChewie wrote:If the Hulk fought Spider-man, who would win?
Professor X!
GooeyChewie wrote:Anything else stand out to you from the expansion that you'd like to comment on?
Please, for the love of Kahless no more Starfleet!

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
A Less Perfect Union releases today! Let's talk about new cards!
Highly subjective personal opinions ahead!

Miral and Vorik, I like those characters!

What card in ALPU disappoints you the most? Why?
Earth- Capture doesn't feel like it belongs with Starfleet, and automatically hurts Earth-HQ's more than other decks.

What do you think about the double-sided mission? Would you like to see more of them?
I'm not a fan of adding things that make 2E feel more like 1E. Overall, no.. could be a slippery slope that leads to Battle Bridges, Q's Tents.. But that's just my entirely personal opinion.

Do you plan to build a Starfleet Dissident deck? Are there any other decks you plan to build with cards from A Less Perfect Union?
SF Dissidents, probably not unless I get into a battle-deck mood... as much as I love Starfleet/Enterprise, I don't like the last 3 episodes of the series (it's like the Clown episode of Voyager...). I will be working to include Miral, Vorik, Leonardo, possibly Lily into some decks; and Cyrano is getting me closer to a new Commodities deck!

If the Hulk fought Spider-man, who would win?
Construction & repair companies in the location where they fought.

Anything else stand out to you from the expansion that you'd like to comment on?
If the guys keep playing Cardassians/KCA, there's going to be a Jellico-Deck in their future... ;)
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'll be breaking down this set later tonight & probably will post a short video on how I feel about this set. From the early looks of it Terra Nova just doesn't get enough to want me to play them and with the lose counter dilemma(which I'm not a fan of you guys making these type of cards) pushes me away from it.

Cards I Like: Vorik, Edward Jellico, Sirella, Hawk

Cards I Hate: Unsavory Customers - Losing counters isn't fun people. Why do you guys like that stuff???
Terra Prime Forever- BS abilty for Terra Prime Peeps. Very disappointing :thumbsdown:
Paul Mayweather - 6 cost card? No he isn't & where's his ship??

Overall I'd probably give this set a 5.5 out of 10. I'll mess with it for a week or so and maybe i'll change my overall grade.

Side Note: CC, I do enjoy you guys making cards and all but you guys should look at other alternative ways branching out with your fans more often. There are many players who play this game that do not following this site anymore due to the people behind the scenes. Also Reach out to the players who make there own "Dream Cards" for one, (which some are a TON better than this set) and explorer ways to make 2E a great game again. Please, Thank you. :cross:
Last edited by StateofSTCCG on Fri May 24, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Marquetry wrote:If the Hulk fought Spider-man, who would win?
Construction & repair companies in the location where they fought.
Amber wins the Internet for today. Nicely done.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:A Less Perfect Union releases today! Let's talk about new cards!

Certainly the double sided mission, nice idea, love it.
I feel the HQ needed a restriction like "must not command another HQ mission". I can sense already abusive dual HQ decks..
GooeyChewie wrote:What do you think about the double-sided mission? Would you like to see more of them?
See above, great new idea. 2e needs new ideas like this, maybe even new card types to freshen up the game. Imho 2e has become stale with the same functions over and over again. Stop this to do that, manipulate them to get those attributes.
I know a card game can only have so many different things you can do.. that's why new headquarters like this spice up the game.
GooeyChewie wrote:Do you plan to build a Starfleet Dissident deck? Are there any other decks you plan to build with cards from A Less Perfect Union?
Nope...
GooeyChewie wrote:Anything else stand out to you from the expansion that you'd like to comment on?
as others pointed out, another SF faction.. really?

Don't get me wrong I appreciate all the hard work that goes into this. And I still follow you guys at TrekCC and look at the new cards. It's just currently not my preferred direction this is going to...

I play the game again after the release of a full Borg/Ferengi expansion. :cheersR:

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
  • It's a coin flip between da Vinci and Sloane; not only are they the set's star power, but they have interesting game text, and the images used are just spot on.
What card in ALPU disappoints you the most? Why? What do you think about the double-sided mission? Would you like to see more of them?
  • I think it's a great idea, and one that we've all seen in other games (1E, Magic, etc). I'm actually surprised it took this long for such a potentially versatile technique to come into 2E.
Do you plan to build a Starfleet Dissident deck?
  • Eventually, but I'm not in a rush.
Are there any other decks you plan to build with cards from A Less Perfect Union?
  • Not new decks, no, but there are certainly cards I'd put in existing decks.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:Based on first impressions, what's your favorite card in ALPU?
Humanity's Worst Enemy. How long can you juggle it?
Luna. Would have loved for there to be more on thta side to make the flip more consequential.
GooeyChewie wrote:What do you think about the double-sided mission? Would you like to see more of them?
It's a cool mechanic. Used correctly, it's a great tool to have. Used too frequently, the novelty wears off and it's a chore.
GooeyChewie wrote:Do you plan to build a Starfleet Dissident deck? Are there any other decks you plan to build with cards from A Less Perfect Union?
Looking forward to testing out Terra Prime. I like Josh's suggestion as well. It's a great way around the Officer roadblock and can help get some guys out quickly.

I'm very curious if Commodity decks can now be Mono HQ thanks to Jones.
Kevin Feige.
Yes.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Take a guess. :lol:
Nothing yet. I'm not real chuffed about Terra Prime, but I appreciate how John and Ben managed to make a new [SF] faction without creating another "free report salad" situation (to borrow a term from 1E).
I like it. I want it in foil. In fact, I wanted it as the release foil, but that was way not my call. More would be cool.
I'll probably build a Dissident deck. I like how Star-crossed jives with my favorite Tragic Turn/Do or Die dilemma pile.

I already mentioned my combat deck, though I really like the idea of switching it over to neuBajor + The Inner Light + Cochrane + all the antique guns. Jellico is also being slotted into my [TNG] DipHoLe deck.
I can't top Amber's answer, so I won't even try.
Not that I can think of right now.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:
The Prefect wrote:Are there any new achievements tied to A Less Perfect Union?
There's one way to find out!
Sure is!
How can we Interact with a Stopped Ship?

(I personally file "2E did it" in the[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

It wasn’t deemed important at the time.

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]