Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
This is the first weekend that the latest set, and the new formed Terra Prime subfaction, will be legal for tournaments. How long do you think it will take for it to win an event? Will it happen right out of the gate? Does it need time for players to master it? It is more of something that will be king in Continentals next month?

If you had to pick how many weeks it would take, without repeating someone else's choice, how many would you guess?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
There's a 2e tournament happening Online this Monday as well. I think someone is bound to play it there.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11115

Especially if there is achievements to earn. Michael, who is registered, likes achievements.

TK

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I'm pretty convinced somebody will win worlds with a broken TP deck...
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I would be very surprised if TP wins by itself to win Worlds this year. A dual or 3 HQ deck using TP cards would be on my radar to win it. Unsavory Customers :thumbsdown: and there HQ are cards that makes them very dangerous.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
StateofSTCCG wrote:I would be very surprised if TP wins by itself to win Worlds this year. A dual or 3 HQ deck using TP cards would be on my radar to win it. Unsavory Customers :thumbsdown: and there HQ are cards that makes them very dangerous.
You don't like spending 4 counter per turn?

What could go wrong?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:I would be very surprised if TP wins by itself to win Worlds this year. A dual or 3 HQ deck using TP cards would be on my radar to win it. Unsavory Customers :thumbsdown: and there HQ are cards that makes them very dangerous.

What could go wrong?
Eh...I'm unconvinced.

TK

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bosskamiura wrote:
Naetor wrote:

What could go wrong?
Eh...I'm unconvinced.

TK
What are you unconvinced about? You're already getting free downloads from it. And your backup is just bouncing Guillotines and Final Adventure. I think it's pretty easy to see how games could NPE pretty easily, and I'm not even a combo-deck builder.

I do ask, though, if anyone gets a TP vs. TP game, please record it. I want to see just how stupid it is.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
To be honest when I said "broken TP deck", I didn't think of damage cards at all. I'm sure other than TP, very few people will be playing Sector 001 decks (which is a shame because I think affilation diversity should always be promoted and TP discourages people from playing Earth based Fed decks).
It's probably gonna be something we haven't even thought of yet. Like i.e. using Damaged Enterprise to get some of the standard SF heavy hitters in... :shifty:
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Naetor wrote:

What could go wrong?
4, that's far too many.
I do ask, though, if anyone gets a TP vs. TP game, please record it. I want to see just how stupid it is.
On this note though I'm going to be looking for a lot of games through June/July and I want to test/practice TP matchups if anyone is interested just let me know, on Lackey of course.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:
bosskamiura wrote:
Naetor wrote: You don't like spending 4 counter per turn?

What could go wrong?
Eh...I'm unconvinced.

TK
What are you unconvinced about? You're already getting free downloads from it. And your backup is just bouncing Guillotines and Final Adventure. I think it's pretty easy to see how games could NPE pretty easily, and I'm not even a combo-deck builder.

TP is expected to be a bad matchup for TP.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:To be honest when I said "broken TP deck", I didn't think of damage cards at all. I'm sure other than TP, very few people will be playing Sector 001 decks (which is a shame because I think affilation diversity should always be promoted and TP discourages people from playing Earth based Fed decks).
It's probably gonna be something we haven't even thought of yet. Like i.e. using Damaged Enterprise to get some of the standard SF heavy hitters in... :shifty:
This is why most of their abilities either duplicate abilities on existing [SF] cards or “turn off” in the presence of non-TP [SF]. We wanted to allow you to try this but limit the payoff for doing so.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:To be honest when I said "broken TP deck", I didn't think of damage cards at all. I'm sure other than TP, very few people will be playing Sector 001 decks (which is a shame because I think affilation diversity should always be promoted and TP discourages people from playing Earth based Fed decks).
This in general is a very strange post so let me just say, this does not match up with what we saw in playtesting.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
I'm not denying that there might be a possibility that I'm dead wrong on this.
I guess we'll see in August...

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
monty42 wrote:I'm not denying that there might be a possibility that I'm dead wrong on this.
I guess we'll see in August...
I think there's a decent chance you're right. They feel like the kind of strategy where they aren't that good until somebody figures out the right combination to make them absolutely bonkers.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]