Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
It’s possible I’m wrong too. And it’s possible we should have had the “command no other headquarters” limit on there, and after European Continentals or whatever we’ll have to do an emergency errata again and it’ll be very embarrassing. But one of the reasons we didn’t put it on there is that people like making dumb combo decks and we wanted to let them try.

But some people are making some very confident declarations about how cards they haven’t actually tried out will work in an actual game. A lot of folks think they have a PhD in Theoretical Playtesting (which, to be fair, is what most of the actual “playtest reports” contain these days...)

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:It’s possible I’m wrong too. And it’s possible we should have had the “command no other headquarters” limit on there, and after European Continentals or whatever we’ll have to do an emergency errata again and it’ll be very embarrassing. But one of the reasons we didn’t put it on there is that people like making dumb combo decks and we wanted to let them try.

But some people are making some very confident declarations about how cards they haven’t actually tried out will work in an actual game. A lot of folks think they have a PhD in Theoretical Playtesting (which, to be fair, is what most of the actual “playtest reports” contain these days...)
Been trying to break this and haven't had much success and I actually do play the cards not just thoughtscape them. There's very few folks that I'll accept thoughtscape pronoucements of doom and they both have VB at the end of their name
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Mogor wrote:
Been trying to break this and haven't had much success and I actually do play the cards not just thoughtscape them. There's very few folks that I'll accept thoughtscape pronoucements of doom and they both have VB at the end of their name
Is one of them the 8th US president?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Mogor wrote:Well you figured out my secret I do playtest by seance's. The dead tell no lies
The dead are good like that, but I want a more modern perspective. That’s why I test with Kramer and the rest of the Van Buren Boys out of New York. :D
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
GooeyChewie wrote:
Mogor wrote:Well you figured out my secret I do playtest by seance's. The dead tell no lies
The dead are good like that, but I want a more modern perspective. That’s why I test with Kramer and the rest of the Van Buren Boys out of New York. :D
:lol:

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:
:lol:
Eh supposedly the dead see the future, not sure if its true or not, but it would explain why I cannot ever bluff my boyz
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
pfti wrote:
Mogor wrote:
Is one of them the 8th US president?
That's the most Time Lordian type of picture of a US President that I've ever seen...

Michael,
not of that clan of VB's

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Since Worlds has been taken.. I'll say Euro Continentals, possibly by someone who either 1) Can't make Worlds so uses their best deck; or 2) Someone testing their Worlds deck.

And I agree on the time-lordy-ness of the pic :D
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
This is the first weekend that the latest set, and the new formed Terra Prime subfaction, will be legal for tournaments. How long do you think it will take for it to win an event? Will it happen right out of the gate? Does it need time for players to master it? It is more of something that will be king in Continentals next month?

If you had to pick how many weeks it would take, without repeating someone else's choice, how many would you guess?
Does the Dojo or Sykes online tournament count as 0 weeks for when they start or 4 weeks for when they end because I think TK's correct that it'll get played and it'll probably win. I also see a number of Regionals on this weekend, I wouldn't be super surprised if it won one of those.

If 0 weeks counts as taken by TK though I'm going with 1 week and a Brit will do it in their tournaments on the 9th.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.