Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Hey,
I saw there was some question on COTD and my status.

Everything is fine. I'm just losing interest in writing them. For a couple reasons: I'm not playing very much and without regular games I can't test out new cards and experience various card interactions. I can't tell you how much fun it is for me to look at a card and imagine it in a deck and think about what would happen if This happened or That happened. Without that practice I increasingly lack relevance.

Another thing is I'm just getting home from work earlier. I use to get home around Midnight - - Look at the new card while I fixed my supper and think about the new card and what I liked/didn't like about it. Then write out a entry. Now, I'm usually busy with something else when the new card is revealed and it's an interruption for me to quit one thing and start another. Especially, when I just want to get to bed.

Also the players who used to have a lot to say about and COTD have quit, disappeared or just aren't moved by my opinions to talk about cards.

I'll put up a COTD when I can, but I feel like the last guy cutting Mayan glyphs if there's no one around to read them what's the point?

Respect to you all.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bortz65 wrote:Hey,
I saw there was some question on COTD and my status.

Everything is fine. I'm just losing interest in writing them. For a couple reasons: I'm not playing very much and without regular games I can't test out new cards and experience various card interactions. I can't tell you how much fun it is for me to look at a card and imagine it in a deck and think about what would happen if This happened or That happened. Without that practice I increasingly lack relevance.

Another thing is I'm just getting home from work earlier. I use to get home around Midnight - - Look at the new card while I fixed my supper and think about the new card and what I liked/didn't like about it. Then write out a entry. Now, I'm usually busy with something else when the new card is revealed and it's an interruption for me to quit one thing and start another. Especially, when I just want to get to bed.

Also the players who used to have a lot to say about and COTD have quit, disappeared or just aren't moved by my opinions to talk about cards.

I'll put up a COTD when I can, but I feel like the last guy cutting Mayan glyphs if there's no one around to read them what's the point?

Respect to you all.
Hey Pat-

First off, I'm glad to hear that everything is ok. That's the most important thing.

Second, I wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of the COTDs you've posted over the years. Sometimes I had something to say, sometimes I didn't, but I always gave them a read and enjoyed the content, even when I had disagreements on the specifics.

Third, I can understand dialing back when there's no new content. Smaller sets means the rotation goes faster then we're back to reruns. But when there's new cards out, that's when you've done some of your best work over the years.

As for not playing as much, isn't that the truth. Remind me to yell at Ross to run more Cleveland tournaments so you have playing opportunities within reasonable driving distance.

HEY ROSS! RUN MORE TOURNAMENTS SO PAT CAN PLAY MORE!!!

I wanted to make sure he heard me so I put it in all caps because that's how the internet works.... right? :P

There's also online tournament opportunities if you're up for it. I'm running an A Less Perfect Union release event starting next weekend. If you'd like to join maybe that will get your creative juices flowing.

Regardless, even if COTD is winding down, it's been a hell of a ride. Thanks for everything! :cheersL:

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
RE Cleveland games: I work in a job that I can request days off now. Let me know with at least 2 weekends in advance and I am there!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I need to see more legendary post-game captive pictures, Pat. I still have one somewhere of the 11 people you captured against me.

-crp
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Why don’t you bring your CotD series to The Dojo’s Discord Channel?

You’ll have an audience there and reach more than just the TrekCC crowd! Invite link is in my signature.

TK

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:I need to see more legendary post-game captive pictures, Pat. I still have one somewhere of the 11 people you captured against me.

-crp
Yeah, Good times!

Unfortunately, with so few games going on I haven't gone back to that deck idea in a while. It used to work with Cardy/Kling (Kruge), but today it might be Cardy/Dom.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
edgeofhearing wrote:
bortz65 wrote:Also the players who used to have a lot to say about and COTD have quit, disappeared or just aren't moved by my opinions to talk about cards.
Just wanted to say that, while I don't think I've ever been one who has commented much on the COTDs, I've always enjoyed reading them.
I enoyed reading them as well and they're also still a good, easy to access, resource via the 'Card Extras' eg. when I built a Thief deck without a Card of the Day itself Display of Wealth still has all of these useful references. They provide the extra information you don't get from the majority of decklists that help you learn cards/decks.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote:
bortz65 wrote:Also the players who used to have a lot to say about and COTD have quit, disappeared or just aren't moved by my opinions to talk about cards.
Just wanted to say that, while I don't think I've ever been one who has commented much on the COTDs, I've always enjoyed reading them.
+1

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
I loved your card of the day posts. I had stopped coming around here much myself for a while but I'm back after an 18 month hiatus - so please continue when you can!
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
I agree with Neelix. Love CotD! Glad all is OK with you! Take care of yourself first and foremost! When and if the inspiration takes hold hit us with an appropriate CotD! We will all be better informed for it :thumbsup: :cheersL:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Glad you're still doing alright! Thanks for the update. Hope you get some more games soon.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)..[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]