Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Welcome to Will of the Collective VII: Bottom's Up! This time around we're designing a non-unique character from the bottom up, starting with faction and ending with the story.

This is the main thread for WOTC VII. I'll be maintaining a list of each of the steps of the process here, with links to the relevant threads. This time, just like First Edition's WOTC VI, we're going to take it a little slower. Most steps, particularly the early steps, will get a full 2 days to make sure that everyone who wants to have some input on the process can get a chance to do so.

1) Nominate Faction
2a) Vote on Faction, round 1 - Heat 1, Heat 2, Heat 3 ( [Baj] Generals, [Rom] Remans, [NA] Borg, [TNG] [Pa], [Rom] Klingons, and [Car] Dissidents advance)
2b) Vote on Faction, round 2 ( [TNG] [AU], Andorians, [E] Cadets, [Car] Dissidents, [Fed] [Fut], [Dom] Infiltrators, [Baj] Generals, and [TNG] [Pa] advance)
2c) Vote on Faction, round 3 ( [TNG] [AU] and [NA] Borg advance)
2d) Vote on Faction, final round ( [TNG] [AU] wins!)
3) Nominate Ability
4a) Vote on Ability, Round 1 (Cost reduction, battle carrot, and thematic download advance)
4b) Vote on Ability, Round 2
5) Vote on Total Cost.
6) Vote on Attribute to Skill Ratio.
7a) Nominate Skills.
7b) Vote on Skills.
8a) Nominate Attribute Pattern.
8b) Vote on Attribute Pattern.
9a) Nominate Character.
9b) Vote on Character.
9c) Character Vote Runoff.
10) Nominate keywords, staffing, species, lore, and title.
11) Vote on keywords.
12) Species and staffing voting.
12a) Species runoff voting.
13) Title voting and lore voting.
13a) lore runoff voting.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Dear Forum Admins,

As this topic looks like it’s going to contain all the links to something that’s going to run for a few weeks, could it get (temporarily) stickied so it’s nice and easy to find?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Danny wrote:Dear Forum Admins,

As this topic looks like it’s going to contain all the links to something that’s going to run for a few weeks, could it get (temporarily) stickied so it’s nice and easy to find?

I'll second this!

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Shouldn’t all the Will of the Collective stuff be in the Will of the Collective forum instead of 2E Gameplay?

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Jono wrote:Shouldn’t all the Will of the Collective stuff be in the Will of the Collective forum instead of 2E Gameplay?
Nah, that'll just confuse people...
 -  
Community Contributor
Jono wrote:Shouldn’t all the Will of the Collective stuff be in the Will of the Collective forum instead of 2E Gameplay?
When Charlie resurrected WOTC for #4, he did it in the main 1E forums, which is what I've copied since it worked well to do it that way. This suggestion came up last time, and we generally decided that it was good to have the traffic in the main forum, but it would be nice to archive the old threads on the WOTC boards. I don't have those privileges, so I wasn't able to do so, but if a mod is willing to help I'll go through the forum and find the old threads so we can move them.
 -  
Community Contributor
menace64 wrote:How about a non-unique personnel card for Species 8472? I’d like to see a right-and-proper Borg Drone Smasher.
This idea is very creative! Unfortunately, faction nominations are closed now, but there are polls currently open for picking which nominated faction we'll be using. This round of voting lasts until 7:50AM eastern, at which point there will be at least two more rounds of voting.

Links to the active polling threads:
Heat 1, Heat 2, Heat 3.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:Darn it! I totally forgot about this and missed most of it.
Actually, all you've missed is faction selection; all other elements of the card are up in the air still.
Phew. And looks like one of the ideas I liked made it through selection, so should be interesting. Always did like the Battleship Enterprise crew.

And thanks. Panic over. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
For future WotC, it would be helpful if the person running it could please make a new post in the main thread each time a new thread is posted. That way people like me would get an email notification for each step, and so we (I :shifty: ) wouldn't keep missing stages of WotC because I don't check every single day. Thank you. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
 -  
Community Contributor
MattgomeryScott wrote:For future WotC, it would be helpful if the person running it could please make a new post in the main thread each time a new thread is posted. That way people like me would get an email notification for each step, and so we (I :shifty: ) wouldn't keep missing stages of WotC because I don't check every single day. Thank you. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
I hadn't thought of email notifications (I intentionally turn them off every time tapatalk "helpfully" turns them on again) - I'll do my best to post in this thread too. I had intentionally slowed this iteration of WOTC down (no fewer than two days per step) so that it would be less likely for people to miss stuff. It is disappointing to hear that doing so hasn't helped.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
MattgomeryScott wrote:For future WotC, it would be helpful if the person running it could please make a new post in the main thread each time a new thread is posted. That way people like me would get an email notification for each step, and so we (I :shifty: ) wouldn't keep missing stages of WotC because I don't check every single day. Thank you. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
I hadn't thought of email notifications (I intentionally turn them off every time tapatalk "helpfully" turns them on again) - I'll do my best to post in this thread too. I had intentionally slowed this iteration of WOTC down (no fewer than two days per step) so that it would be less likely for people to miss stuff. It is disappointing to hear that doing so hasn't helped.
Thank you. Email notifications are useful for some threads I find. And I do appreciate the slowed down pace, which has helped a bit. Just unfortunately it's coincided with a busy period for me and a dip in my health (my health fluctuates due to long standing health issues,) so I haven't necessarily remembered to check regularly. That's why the email notifications are a good prompt! :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]