Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Pick up to two factions to go on to round 2

[Kli] [TN]
5%
[Dom] [TN] (with engineer!)
7%
[NA] Borg
18%
Treachery Androids
5%
[TNG] [Pa]
18%
[Rom] D'deridex-users
6%
[Fer] Waiters/Dabo Girls
17%
[Baj] [Pa] Kais
5%
[Baj] [Fut]
3%
[Dom] Holograms
11%
[NA] Vulcan Dissidents
4%
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote:With this many options in each of these 3 polls, I would like to humbly suggest we chop away at the list with another series of heats, taking the top 4 or so from each heat and moving on. It just feels like there are lots of votes floating around on options with no chance of advancing. If we recast the top options from these 3 polls in a mix with those that had multiple nominations initially, and then see how it shakes out, maybe we get a clearer winner. :twocents:
Given the sheer number of entries, I'm inclined to move to round 2 as planned, but once we're there we'll still have 14 options to choose from. At that stage, I was planning on automatically having one runoff for the top three, but you make a good point. Perhaps we could go top 14 -> top 7 -> top 3, cutting down more gradually in order to get a clearer winner.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
edgeofhearing wrote:
LORE wrote:With this many options in each of these 3 polls, I would like to humbly suggest we chop away at the list with another series of heats, taking the top 4 or so from each heat and moving on. It just feels like there are lots of votes floating around on options with no chance of advancing. If we recast the top options from these 3 polls in a mix with those that had multiple nominations initially, and then see how it shakes out, maybe we get a clearer winner. :twocents:
Given the sheer number of entries, I'm inclined to move to round 2 as planned, but once we're there we'll still have 14 options to choose from. At that stage, I was planning on automatically having one runoff for the top three, but you make a good point. Perhaps we could go top 14 -> top 7 -> top 3, cutting down more gradually in order to get a clearer winner.
I think if you take enough from each pass to equal a majority, that should be sufficient. So if the top 4/14 add up to 50%+ of the vote then the runoff is top 4. If you need 7 to get a majority, so be it.

This was my biggest problem with the last 1e WOTC: moving forward with the leading entry having, say, 30% of the votes didn't really represent the will of the collective.

Given the diversity of nominations, it strikes me as a worthwhile exercise to work our way to a majority choice. I think it will do more to keep people engaged through the process as well.

:twocents:

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]