Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Pick up to two factions to go on to round 2

[Kli] [TN]
5%
[Dom] [TN] (with engineer!)
7%
[NA] Borg
18%
Treachery Androids
5%
[TNG] [Pa]
18%
[Rom] D'deridex-users
6%
[Fer] Waiters/Dabo Girls
17%
[Baj] [Pa] Kais
5%
[Baj] [Fut]
3%
[Dom] Holograms
11%
[NA] Vulcan Dissidents
4%
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Welcome to Will of the Collective VII: Bottom's Up! This time around we're designing a non-unique character from the bottom up, starting with faction and ending with the story.

Today we're doing our first round of voting on our personnel's faction. This is round 1 heat 2; 2 options from this heat will make it to round 2. You can vote for up to two factions in this poll, and have 2 days to submit your votes. The factions are presented in the order in which the nominations were received. This heat includes:
[Kli] [TN]
[NA] Borg
Treachery Androids
[TNG] [Pa]
[Rom] D'deridex-users
[Fer] Waiters/Dabo Girls
[Baj] [Pa] Kais
[Baj] [Fut]
[Dom] Holograms
[NA] Vulcan Dissidents

There should be enough room left in round 2 for the two winners of the three heats from today, any ties, and each of the factions that had multiple nominations:
4x [Fed] [Fut]
2x [E] Cadets
4x [Bor] Dissidents
2x [Rom] [Pa]
2x [Voy] [Fut] Holograms
3x [TNG] [AU]
2x [Dom] Infiltrators
2x Andorians

Of course, this thread isn't just for voting, it's for campaigning. Make your case! Try to convince the rest of the community to vote for what you think the game needs the most. Or, like Dukat, see which way the wind is blowing, and switch sides. Good luck!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Voted for:

[Rom] D'deridex-users
[Fer] Waiters/Dabo Girls

D'deridex users are a flavorful Phase II identity for Romulans, and I'd like to see something which would encourage them to actually stay at the mission instead of only showing up with Imperial Entanglements. I also voted for Waiters and Dabo Girls because they're fun.

Would be okay with:

[NA] Borg
Treachery Androids
[TNG] [Pa]
[Baj] [Pa] Kais
[Dom] Holograms
[NA] Vulcan Dissidents

Except I'm not sure we actually see a Kai in the past. That one might have to go for another religious rank if it wins.

On the fence:

Dominion Terok Nor is pretty broad, and the "with engineer" part feels like a later step.

Would not vote for:

[Kli] [TN]
[Baj] [Fut]

Klingon Terok Nor? That's no more a thing than is Borg Terok Nor. I'm not sure when we see future Bajorans. Even if I'm mistaken and we do see some, much like the Hirogen in heat 1, they wouldn't have a home right now.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Holograms have their own HQ but aren't very good and I think one of their bigger problems is that most of their non-unique personnel are overcosted due to the game-text boosts that aren't possible to activate, except for Sumek, in a Hologram deck. I think in particular they could use a Diplomacy personnel, currently there are two uniques which are solid and also two non-uniques one of those is overcosted and one no one wants to use because he has unfortunately confusing gametext. Just another non-unique that has the appropriate skills/attributes for their cost would be good.

Secondly a [Dom] Hologram could help out another 'struggling' affiliation with their new problem of Nothing to Lose.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Fritzinger wrote:[Dom] Infiltrators could have acquisition too! :shifty:
I've long thought we could have an Ishka Founder with Acquisition. They typically replaced their captives with Founders, so I figure they planned to do the same when they obtained Ishka. Zek just figured it out too quickly, so they had to resort to the prisoner swap plan.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:Klingon Terok Nor? That's no more a thing than is Borg Terok Nor.
I guarantee you at least one of the Klingons was in favor of the War. At least one of the remaining members of the House of Duras would be more than happy for the Federation to suffer and we saw how the Dominion shares values with the Klingons.

A not insignificant concern is how to make them too much better with the Common Deck. Plus, what the Klingon deck wants to do and what the Terok Nor deck want to do are two different things.
GooeyChewie wrote:I'm not sure when we see future Bajorans.
We saw Future Deep Space Nine in The Visitor. From a gameplay perspective, putting Future cards in a Bajoran Deck would be a little odd. Would they be Fitting In?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Naetor wrote:The weakest heat -- [Pa] [TNG] will win easy. Can't wait to see those uniforms.
Win? Maybe, but it won't be easy - [Pa] [TNG] is currently sharing to the top sport of the podium with [NA] Borg and [Fer] Waiters/Dabo Girls of all things.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I ended up switching from Waiters/Dabo Girls to Past TNG. It looks like Ferengi Thieves/Smugglers may make the cut from another heat. I don't want to put Ferengi Waiters/Dabo Girls up against Ferengi Thieves/Smugglers, and between the two I think Thieves/Smugglers could have more impact.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Mid day update: Non-aligned Borg are slightly trialing Past TNG and Ferengi Waiters/Dabo Girls.

The Ferengi might split the vote with the thieves/smugglers in the run off and Past TNG might be a bit hard to design around. I hate to call it, but it looks like it's going to be two of these three.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
With this many options in each of these 3 polls, I would like to humbly suggest we chop away at the list with another series of heats, taking the top 4 or so from each heat and moving on. It just feels like there are lots of votes floating around on options with no chance of advancing. If we recast the top options from these 3 polls in a mix with those that had multiple nominations initially, and then see how it shakes out, maybe we get a clearer winner. :twocents:

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]