Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

Pick up to two factions to go on to round 2

[Rom] Klingons
16%
[Car] Dissidents
18%
[Car] [AU]
5%
[SF] [AU]
8%
[TNG] Holograms
10%
[Bor] AQ
8%
[NA] Dabo Girls
6%
[Rom] Holograms
15%
[TOS] Humans
6%
[Baj] [TN]
6%
[SF] Dissidents
3%
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Welcome to Will of the Collective VII: Bottom's Up! This time around we're designing a non-unique character from the bottom up, starting with faction and ending with the story.

Today we're doing our first round of voting on our personnel's faction. This is round 1 heat 3; 2 options from this heat will make it to round 2. You can vote for up to two factions in this poll, and have 2 days to submit your votes. The factions are presented in the order in which the nominations were received. This heat includes:
[Rom] Klingons
[Car] Dissidents
[Car] [AU]
[SF] [AU]
[TNG] Holograms
[Bor] AQ
[NA] Dabo Girls
[Rom] Holograms
[TOS] Humans
[Baj] [TN]
[SF] Dissidents

There should be enough room left in round 2 for the two winners of the three heats from today, any ties, and each of the factions that had multiple nominations:
4x [Fed] [Fut]
2x [E] Cadets
4x [Bor] Dissidents
2x [Rom] [Pa]
2x [Voy] [Fut] Holograms
3x [TNG] [AU]
2x [Dom] Infiltrators
2x Andorians

Of course, this thread isn't just for voting, it's for campaigning. Make your case! Try to convince the rest of the community to vote for what you think the game needs the most. Or, like Dukat, see which way the wind is blowing, and switch sides. Good luck!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Voted for:

[Rom] Klingons
[Rom] Holograms

I must be in a Romulan mood today, because I voted for them a lot. Much like the Remans, I like using high-Strength non-Romulan [Rom] cards. And I think I know who we'd make for a [Rom] Hologram, which would be cool.

Would be okay with:

[Car] Dissidents
[Car] [AU]
[SF] [AU]
[TNG] Holograms
[Bor] AQ
[NA] Dabo Girls
[Baj] [TN]

On the fence:

[TOS] Humans
[SF] Dissidents

TOS Humans is pretty broad. Most TOS personnel are Human. And I think it's a bit early to do a Starfleet Dissident as a WOTC card, since we haven't yet seen how they'll perform. I wouldn't be out-and-out opposed to them, but there's better options.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote:Voted for:

[Rom] Klingons
[Rom] Holograms

I must be in a Romulan mood today, because I voted for them a lot. Much like the Remans, I like using high-Strength non-Romulan [Rom] cards. And I think I know who we'd make for a [Rom] Hologram, which would be cool.
Great minds, sir. Great minds. :cheersL:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Who says they didn't make more than one copy of the program? If I'm not mistaken, the Romulans talk about how Geordi was slower to execute him "this time," implying that they've had several such holograms.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Prefect wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote: And I think I know who we'd make for a [Rom] Hologram
Oh DAMN that would be great
Yes, it would be cool to have that card. However, doesn't the WotC card have to be non-unique?
I will point out that the 1e version IS universal (for those who don't 1e, that's what the ❖ symbol means next to the name - it's the reverse of the 2e convention where the • means unique).
Last edited by Armus on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
The Prefect wrote:So, in 1E, I could have an army of [Rom] [Holo] O'Briens?
Who all get erased by a Tommygun! Just make sure to bring your Holo-projectors if you plan to leave the ship. Oh, and make sure your ship has a holodeck. The obvious one has it, but most Romulan ships don't.

Naetor wrote:Please no [Rom] Klingons. [Car] dissidents is a great game concept -- I'd argue it is the true concept of Cardassia: discarding resources for resources.
Fortunately they are tied for the lead. If they remain that way, they'll both go on to the next round. I could probably be convinced to change my Romulan Hologram vote to Cardassian Dissidents. They could use a good personnel.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote:Who says they didn't make more than one copy of the program? If I'm not mistaken, the Romulans talk about how Geordi was slower to execute him "this time," implying that they've had several such holograms.
Or just rewound. I doubt they made a bunch just for this specific situation. They did work on it in advance, for sure, but when I want to read a book, I just pull it off the shelf. I don't go out and buy another copy.

And I would love an O'Program.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Faithful Reader wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:Who says they didn't make more than one copy of the program? If I'm not mistaken, the Romulans talk about how Geordi was slower to execute him "this time," implying that they've had several such holograms.
Or just rewound. I doubt they made a bunch just for this specific situation. They did work on it in advance, for sure, but when I want to read a book, I just pull it off the shelf. I don't go out and buy another copy.

Agreed! Let's make this happen by kicking [Rom] Holograms to the next round!
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Armus wrote:
Faithful Reader wrote:

Agreed! Let's make this happen by kicking [Rom] Holograms to the next round!
So not bottom up design...

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Latok wrote:So not bottom up design...
Well, it is really. This started with an affiliation and proposed species; people are just stating their preferred direction.

Had it started with "Let's make an O'Brien Hologram from The Mind's Eye", then I would agree.

Besides, it's looking like it's not going to be the case anyway...
Last edited by Danny on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]